Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by FEDUPZE, Jan 22, 2015.

FEDUPZE New Member

Just an observation. Can anything be done to deter management from awarding lunch skipping brown nosers from getting the brand new package cars regardless of their lack of seniority? Thanks for any help.
  2. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Nope. UPS has the right to give you any beat up old POS as long as it is safe enough to use.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

The package car goes with the route not the driver.

FEDUPZE New Member

Yeah, thats what they tell me. But it is very amusing to watch the lineup change after every new bid.
  5. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Ours goes to the higher seniority guys if they wan them, but then stay on route.
  6. VonDutch

VonDutch Bite your tongue, Missy

Become a brown noser?
  7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

That also depends on what size the new trucks are. If a senior driver is driving a P1000 route and all of the new trucks are 700's and 800's then he is out of luck.
  8. rod

rod retired and happy

Wasn't Upstate bragging about getting a new truck lately? That old brown noser.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  9. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

The 3 times I changed routes. I took my truck with me. I don't want the new pieces of crap anyways. 4 more yrs I'm hoping my truck makes it with me
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Yes, we all have 700's. With 4 p1000
  11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

We have several new P7s in the building. I'm 25 years in and drive an old one with 590,000 miles. Whatever.
  12. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Still aptly named???:funny:
  13. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I know. I should man up and grieve it.
  14. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Skipping lunch daily? Perhaps the union should request daily lunch audits?
  15. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Does it really matter?

The truck I am currently sitting in is as old as my career as my first week loading was when it came on line and I loaded it!

If it's brown, it moves, and the last guy took his piss bottles out of it I am good. quit whining!
  16. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

OK we'll send you the old school non powered steering p1000 with the high step and those tall ass tires..
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Xexys

Xexys Retired and Happy

Don't forget the fold up wooden shelves!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List

SLO BROWN New Member

If the truck is the same size as the old one, it goes by seniority! They tried to give them to the safety committee! That didn't last long!
  19. Irishman Collins

Irishman Collins Active Member

Safe enough to use? I guess you mean the vehicles without shoulder harnesses, high back chairs and automatic transmission vehicles? I wonder how many companies big or small send their employees out in death traps everday? It's like sending coal miners down to mine without a helmet.
  20. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

....and a canary.