Build That Wall!!

vantexan

I’m saying you can’t conflate that to someone invading us. Eff them both.
Russia invaded Ukraine. Something that if it happened to the U.S. you wouldn't accept and would most likely take up arms to fight against. Why is that ok but not ok for the Ukrainians to defend their country and ultimately their self determination?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Russia invaded Ukraine. Something that if it happened to the U.S. you wouldn't accept and would most likely take up arms to fight against. Why is that ok but not ok for the Ukrainians to defend their country and ultimately their self determination?
It sucks for the Ukrainians. They’re anti-Semites anyway. The Nazi’s had no problem recruiting them as concentration camp guards. I’m not very sympathetic to their cause. Corruption is rampant too.

vantexan

It sucks for the Ukrainians. They’re anti-Semites anyway. The Nazi’s had no problem recruiting them as concentration camp guards. I’m not very sympathetic to their cause. Corruption is rampant too.
So all 38 million are evil so whatever happens to them they deserve? Okey dokey.

vantexan

I don’t want to fund there unending defense.
I don't either. Nor do I want a blank check with no accountability. But I also am not going to say that it's a forgone conclusion that Russia is going to beat them so don't aid them at all. Almost two years in and the Russians haven't rolled over them in months like it was often said would happen on this forum. If we can give Pakistan $25 billion a year in aid, a country that isn't our friend, we can help the Ukrainians. Just tell them that we aren't in it for the next 20 years. Or even 10.

Not sure if y'all are aware but Ukraine just bombed a Russian port where they load oil onto tankers. They also took out a railroad bridge that trains use to take oil to Pacific ports a couple months ago. The Ukrainians aren't just getting hammered into submission. They are taking the fight to Russia.

vantexan

:censored2:ty spending doesn't justify more :censored2:ty spending.
No it doesn't. But a country harboring Osama bin Laden while taking our money isn't quite the same as a country that's one of the largest exporters of grains in the world(which matters very much to those needing to import grain).

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No it doesn't. But a country harboring Osama bin Laden while taking our money isn't quite the same as a country that's one of the largest exporters of grains in the world(which matters very much to those needing to import grain).
We got plenty of grain. Lol

Box Ox

I also am not going to say that it's a forgone conclusion that Russia is going to beat them so don't aid them at all.

The concern for me is that current lines of control are unlikely to change in Ukraine's favor any time soon. In fact, Ukraine could start losing ground if the war continues and Russia is able to overwhelm them with sheer numbers.

It's probably reasonable to ask Biden what a realistic goal is for Ukraine if we'll be sending them nearly $100 billion more in aid and military equipment.