Build That Wall!!

vantexan

How many Ukrainians still share that anti-Semitic attitude? Most of Eastern Europe was only to happy to help round up or kill the Jews for the Germans. Especially the Lithuanians. They deserve worse.
And most of those countries are now our allies in NATO. Should we protect them if attacked? How do you feel about Japan? The atrocities they committed in WWII makes those Ukrainians look like amatuers. By the way the then king of Bulgaria protected his country's Jews from the Nazis.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
And most of those countries are now our allies in NATO. Should we protect them if attacked? How do you feel about Japan? The atrocities they committed in WWII makes those Ukrainians look like amatuers. By the way the then king of Bulgaria protected his country's Jews from the Nazis.
Bulgaria, WDFD

vantexan

The concern for me is that current lines of control are unlikely to change in Ukraine's favor any time soon. In fact, Ukraine could start losing ground if the war continues and Russia is able to overwhelm them with sheer numbers.

It's probably reasonable to ask Biden what a realistic goal is for Ukraine if we'll be sending them nearly $100 billion more in aid and military equipment.
That's fair. But as of right now Ukraine has regained more than half the land they initially lost. And chewed up half a million Russians doing it. All the experts have been wrong so far.

UnionStrong

That's fair. But as of right now Ukraine has regained more than half the land they initially lost. And chewed up half a million Russians doing it. All the experts have been wrong so far.
Russian forces are still there. And will be for the foreseeable future.

UnionStrong

Losing Ukrainian grain puts some countries at risk, particularly Egypt. I know, know, :censored2: the Egyptians!!
IMG_4922.gif

Box Ox

I don't either. Nor do I want a blank check with no accountability. But I also am not going to say that it's a forgone conclusion that Russia is going to beat them so don't aid them at all. Almost two years in and the Russians haven't rolled over them in months like it was often said would happen on this forum. If we can give Pakistan $25 billion a year in aid, a country that isn't our friend, we can help the Ukrainians. Just tell them that we aren't in it for the next 20 years. Or even 10.

Not sure if y'all are aware but Ukraine just bombed a Russian port where they load oil onto tankers. They also took out a railroad bridge that trains use to take oil to Pacific ports a couple months ago. The Ukrainians aren't just getting hammered into submission. They are taking the fight to Russia.
The concern for me is that current lines of control are unlikely to change in Ukraine's favor any time soon. In fact, Ukraine could start losing ground if the war continues and Russia is able to overwhelm them with sheer numbers.

It's probably reasonable to ask Biden what a realistic goal is for Ukraine if we'll be sending them nearly $100 billion more in aid and military equipment.

They have regained a lot of land but the vast majority of it was retaken before last summer's Ukrainian counteroffensive. And the Russians are pretty dug in behind multiple lines of defense.

UnionStrong

They have regained a lot of land but the vast majority of it was retaken before last summer's Ukrainian counteroffensive. And the Russians are pretty dug in behind multiple lines of defense.
Kursk taught the Russians a thing or two about defense in depth.

vantexan

On 18% of the country. Right now it's just a matter of how many men the Russians are willing to lose. Their demographic situation was one of the worst in the world before they went and lost half a million young men. They are in serious trouble as a viable nation. Wouldn't be surprised if the country completely falls apart in our lifetime.