bus crash kills at least 10 after FedEx truck collision

bbsam

Staff member
Good on you for getting off the pipe, but maybe the "power" was really you, manifested in a diversion that gave you a purpose other than crack...in your case, Christianity. I'm sure it's the same for millions of others who will say the same thing. That Jesus, Allah (insert deity here) saved them from themselves, when, in fact, it functioned like a rehab program.

You transferred from one focus to another. Attribute the credit where it is due...to yourself.
Strange how it is, but I know of no single person with any long term recovery who would agree with that statement.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
God has given people the ability to choose. Consequences come from the choices we make.

Great, but that really isn't an answer. Let me pose the same question to you about the 4 month old that gets killed in a tragic accident. Explain how that child has the ability to "choose", and the consequences that come from the choices that child cannot make. Logic refutes religion, and all of the "explanations" like free will etc. just don't stand-up as anything but explanations of faith, not facts.

I would love to be proven wrong, and certainly hope there is a God. Like I said, what I see seems to refute rather than confirm His existence. I'd love for Him to come down and talk to us instead of having all of the bogus intermediaries (religion).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
back on topic:

the driver was in his young 30s w/ a clean record

there was no flame under the cab upon impact w/ the bus

RIP to those lives that have been cut short

Back on topic here. It sounds like this driver had a medical event or fell asleep. But once the truck went out of control, you'd think even a sleeping driver would awaken and slam on the brakes. This leads me to believe he was out cold. A set of doubles usually rolls over in a situation like this one. It sounds like the intact rig crossed over the median (no Jersey barrier) and slammed right into the bus.

The tractor involved was a 2007 Volvo, which isn't particularly new for CA operations. There have been emissions fires in both Volvos and Freightliners FedEx operates, but since there was no pre-impact fire, that seems to have been ruled-out.

upschuck

Great, but that really isn't an answer. Let me pose the same question to you about the 4 month old that gets killed in a tragic accident. Explain how that child has the ability to "choose", and the consequences that come from the choices that child cannot make. Logic refutes religion, and all of the "explanations" like free will etc. just don't stand-up as anything but explanations of faith, not facts.
Tragedy is in the world because of sin, we live in a fallen world. The actions we do affect others, that is why we should think more before we do.
I'd love for Him to come down and talk to us instead of having all of the bogus intermediaries
He did that once, and they murdered him.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Tragedy is in the world because of sin, we live in a fallen world. The actions we do affect others, that is why we should think more before we do.

He did that once, and they murdered him.

He's God. I don't understand how sending your son as an example really accomplishes anything. Are we so dumb that we need all of the hocus-pocus? Why doesn't God just appear in the sky, tell the world He exists, and for everyone to get along? Why all the games?

upschuck

Humans can not see his(Father) face and live, so if he appeared in the sky, everyone that saw him could not attest to it because they would be dead. His son is 100% God and was 100% human. You can believe it, or you don't, it is your choice. One day we will all know the truth.

bbsam

Staff member

I would love to be proven wrong, and certainly hope there is a God. Like I said, what I see seems to refute rather than confirm His existence. I'd love for Him to come down and talk to us instead of having all of the bogus intermediaries (religion).
Consider then all the hatred, selfishness, and deceit in the world. A world with the power to destroy every living creature. And we've had that power for years and haven't killed ourselves. Maybe God has a hand in what doesn't happen.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Consider then all the hatred, selfishness, and deceit in the world. A world with the power to destroy every living creature. And we've had that power for years and haven't killed ourselves. Maybe God has a hand in what doesn't happen.
Your first sentence describes fedex contractors that i know....

HomeDelivery

let's keep on derailing this thread since we won't know the outcome for some time; the "black boxes" of both vehicles were burnt enough that they can't retrieve any useful info...

Impress me. Go smoke an "eight ball" and don't become addicted.

what?!? i'm sharp enough NOT to touch that crap to begin with...

i don't touch alcohol either because i learned from my father's mistakes

-----------------------------------------------

as for God or god, raised Roman Catholic, but wised up as i grew up...

there will be acts of "evil" so people can distinguish it from "good" or some mumbo jumbo like that...

bbsam

Staff member
let's keep on derailing this thread since we won't know the outcome for some time; the "black boxes" of both vehicles were burnt enough that they can't retrieve any useful info...

what?!? i'm sharp enough NOT to touch that crap to begin with...

i don't touch alcohol either because i learned from my father's mistakes

-----------------------------------------------

as for God or god, raised Roman Catholic, but wised up as i grew up...

there will be acts of "evil" so people can distinguish it from "good" or some mumbo jumbo like that...
That's nice, Butters.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Humans can not see his(Father) face and live, so if he appeared in the sky, everyone that saw him could not attest to it because they would be dead. His son is 100% God and was 100% human. You can believe it, or you don't, it is your choice. One day we will all know the truth.

More hocus-pocus, and another excuse. He is GOD, right? He makes the rules and can do whatever He wants, including not making you dead if you see Him in the sky. I agree with you on your last statement. For all of the haters out there (not you, Chuck), you can believe whatever you want. I sincerely hope you are right and I am wrong. I would love for there to be an afterlife, to have peace, and to be reunited with those who have passed-on. I just don't see the evidence nor do I see the reason for the subterfuge and games.

upschuck

More hocus-pocus, and another excuse. He is GOD, right? He makes the rules and can do whatever He wants, including not making you dead if you see Him in the sky. I agree with you on your last statement. For all of the haters out there (not you, Chuck), you can believe whatever you want. I sincerely hope you are right and I am wrong. I would love for there to be an afterlife, to have peace, and to be reunited with those who have passed-on. I just don't see the evidence nor do I see the reason for the subterfuge and games.
Keep your mind open, and one day you may see and believe.