Cameras

Thebrownblob

Explain why the ir diods only turn on when it is dark. Because a camera can't see in the dark without a bright light. And infrared light is really bright for cameras, and the naked eye can't see it, but the infrared light does damage the pupil of your eye.
And your point? The only video of a driver in cab I have ever seen is off the reflection from the windshield from the forward camera, you’re suggesting the company has all these videos of us? And what damage does infrared light do? I have no idea seems we passed of that along time ago, with all kinds of other devices, including our phones.
1685465315930.gif

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
And your point? The only video of a driver in cab I have ever seen is off the reflection from the windshield you’re suggesting the company has all these videos of us? And what damage does infrared light do? I have no idea seems we passed of that along time ago, with all kinds of other devices, including our phones.
View attachment 430954

Sheep walk to the slaughter house every time.

Thebrownblob

We were laughing about this.... like 2-3 years ago ?
Nope, but the leader ship at the international should’ve known because these are not new devices they’ve been around for a while in one form or another, and lots of other companies have dealt with them, including our own union on the Freight side.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

Thebrownblob

Sheep walk to the slaughter house every time.
Yes, we’re going to get slaughtered, I can certainly agree with you on a lot of things, but this one is just a little over the top. Not to mention if you think it’s going to stop with cameras and sensors in our truck. You got another thing coming. Just look at China. Surveillance state is approaching.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
....until am ORS, center manager or DM decide they have an "affection" for a certain driver?
Seen that happen. New center manager comes in, decides he doesn't like someone. Why? Who knows, but they become consumed with getting that driver.

Thebrownblob

Seen that happen. New center manager comes in, decides he doesn't like someone. Why? Who knows, but they become consumed with getting that driver.
And really the only way they can really get them is by witnessing it in person. So don’t give them any ammo.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Nope, but the leader ship at the international should’ve known because these are not new devices they’ve been around for a while in one form or another, and lots of other companies have dealt with them, including our own union on the Freight side.

It's already been won on the freight side.... a couple years ago ?

Thebrownblob

It's already been won on the freight side.... a couple years ago ?
Correct, took a lot of haggling, point is we were way behind on negotiating for something we knew was coming. We should’ve been talking about this in 2018 instead of the contract we got. And I believe they still have the Forward facing camera in freight at some companies.

DriverNerd

Parts on order.

OK to run.
Then you wait two weeks and write it up again. Took 8 months to finally get a check engine light fixed on one the routes I cover frequently. I was actually surprised when I went to run it and it was off. I had to check the truck number to make sure it was the right truck.