Can a 50 year old start as a package handler?

cyberdyne

Hello.
I heard if I start as a part time package handler making $10/hour(California minimum wage), I should be able to make transition to a driver in about 6 years and make $23/hour.

I know UPS doesn't discriminate based on sex, religion, race or national origin but I didn't see it mention about age.

Do you think I can start as a package handler now and become a driver in 6 years and drive 30 years? So I'll be driving and delivering packages till I am 86 as long as my body can handle.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
86 !!!!
Are you on drugs !!
PC handler at 50 is tuff but doable ,, start doing PC at 56 ,, well that'll be a challenge ,, no way in hell your in a PC in 80 s
I don't care what shape your in now ,, can't go 30 yrs

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Chances. Slim to none for troll seeing feedahs
I've seen a guy with exactly the same circumstances do just that: start as a package handler at age 50, finally get called up to feeders after putting in about 6 years. He's been in feeders for 4 years now. I remember one week when he first started they sent him to package for a week because of lack of work in feeders. Wore his old ass out lol. Dude was begging to go back to feeders after that.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Oh. I believe it,, but it's very rare !!
Bottom feedah driver in
Boston division , I. Believe has a 99 seniority date

Holydriver

Hello.
I heard if I start as a part time package handler making $10/hour(California minimum wage), I should be able to make transition to a driver in about 6 years and make $23/hour.

I know UPS doesn't discriminate based on sex, religion, race or national origin but I didn't see it mention about age.

Do you think I can start as a package handler now and become a driver in 6 years and drive 30 years? So I'll be driving and delivering packages till I am 86 as long as my body can handle.
Why would you want to work to 86? So you can retire with pension for the one or two remaining years of your life? Starting playing the lottery, that's a better chance of success than what you're considering.

This job kicks my butt and I'm a strong you man 20 years younger than you.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I'm 57 and spend the first 45-60 minutes a day loading my own package car. Then peddle those parcels for the next 7-8 hours. I usually deliver the amount of parcels in one week that most newbies do in one day. It can be done.
JUST DO IT!!!!!