Can the Union Force Local 89?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So L89 is getting heated/cooled shuttles, more shuttles, and as long as they arrive 20 minutes prior to start they get paid from start, regardless of when a shuttle arrives or not.

I don't see the issue.
I wonder how long the shuttle to get out of that place will take compared to getting into it. To be fair, even if it's only 20 minutes each way, that's 40 minutes everyday they're at work, not getting paid. In practice it'll probably be more than that. I'm not great at math but we're talking at least a grand a year in lost wages.

It sounds like they've made some real progress by sticking together and voting no.... but at some point they're gonna have to compromise.

Irishman Collins

407, you should agree with common sense. It is not unreasonable for local 89 to be asking for more full time jobs or to be paid while they are on the company's place of business. The unreasonable thing is for our leaders to turn their backs on local 89's real issues and ignore the outcry from 89's dues paying members and play it off that because a member wants to demand a better contract that somehow he or she is being political. It is sickening and it makes me ashamed of our once great union!

Sent using BrownCafe App

stink219

Something's going on with stonefish. I can see that he's posting, but I can't see his post.
And for some unknown reason, he's putting X's on every post I make in" union issues".
There's something fishy about him.
Finally!! The new computer program issued by the IBT is up and running?

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

Anonymous 12

Non active member
407, you should agree with common sense. It is not unreasonable for local 89 to be asking for more full time jobs or to be paid while they are on the company's place of business. The unreasonable thing is for our leaders to turn their backs on local 89's real issues and ignore the outcry from 89's dues paying members and play it off that because a member wants to demand a better contract that somehow he or she is being political. It is sickening and it makes me ashamed of our once great union!

Sent using BrownCafe App
No I'm just wondering If I should agree with everything you say?

stink219

Detroit

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Finally!! The new computer program issued by the IBT is up and running?

More likely is that Stonefish has me on"ignore". Then the coward takes me off "ignore" to "Disagree" with all my posts, then puts me back on "ignore" so I can't show him the same love.
What a troll thing to do.

Stonefish

Sent using BrownCafe App

Is common sense what you think it is or do people have different views? The leaders didn't turn their backs on the issues the leaders had people there to help.

Stonefish

More likely is that Stonefish has me on"ignore". Then the coward takes me off "ignore" to "Disagree" with all my posts, then puts me back on "ignore" so I can't show him the same love.
What a troll thing to do.
You might be ignorant but you aren't on ignore. :)

Irishman Collins

407, no I wouldn't expect you or anyone to agree with everything I say. I just think it is a shame that our Union is coming down on a local that just wants to better the lives of their members. Shouldn't the company have that role, not our union? This whole thing is backwards and it disgust me. Think about this, lets just say that local 89 is being political for the sake of argument. Wouldn't it be a good move for the I.B.T. to take away any political power 89 is gaining by showing up and supporting their cause? This whole thing could be used as a tool for Hoffa's reelection. The reason our leaders are not standing behind 89 is they are being political by pretending that 89 is a rogue local and blaming this on politics. It is more important for our leaders to ruin 89's credibility than it is for them to get behind 89.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

Is common sense what you think it is or do people have different views? The leaders didn't turn their backs on the issues the leaders had people there to help.
Who was there to help besides the E board, agents, stewards and the leaders that passed out "Vote No" flyers at the gates? Did Hall or Hoffa fly in to help organize? There's only about 9,000 members down there that have a vote in this debacle. There must be other priorities for our "leaders".

Anonymous 12

Non active member
407, no I wouldn't expect you or anyone to agree with everything I say. I just think it is a shame that our Union is coming down on a local that just wants to better the lives of their members. Shouldn't the company have that role, not our union? This whole thing is backwards and it disgust me. Think about this, lets just say that local 89 is being political for the sake of argument. Wouldn't it be a good move for the I.B.T. to take away any political power 89 is gaining by showing up and supporting their cause? This whole thing could be used as a tool for Hoffa's reelection. The reason our leaders are not standing behind 89 is they are being political by pretending that 89 is a rogue local and blaming this on politics. It is more important for our leaders to ruin 89's credibility than it is for them to get behind 89.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Do you think it's possible when this is all said and done that there will be proof that the leadership of local 89 was unreasonable all along? Is this a possibility or are they 100% right and their cause only has the members best interests at heart?

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Who was there to help besides the E board, agents, stewards and the leaders that passed out "Vote No" flyers at the gates? Did Hall or Hoffa fly in to help organize? There's only about 9,000 members down there that have a vote in this debacle. There must be other priorities for our "leaders".
Bubblehead was there he said

Irishman Collins

If Fred runs in the future it doesn't prove anything. Hell, he should run we need someone that is interested in dues paying members not leaders who are only interested in protecting their Taft Hartley Health Plan. Fred has my vote and he hasn't even claimed his candidacy.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

Do you think it's possible when this is all said and done that there will be proof that the leadership of local 89 was unreasonable all along? Is this a possibility or are they 100% right and their cause only has the members best interests at heart?
No one is always 100% right. In negotiations you ask for 150% more than you want and work toward the middle.
I don't care what hourlies went to the hub to help and since you and stonefish outed him on this forum maybe its better that you stay out of that arena no matter what he did or didn't do. I'm asking why the big guns aren't there holding rallies and getting things straightened out. Regardless of how Fred feels about Hall or Hoffa the IBT should suck it up and make a sincere effort to be there. If they cared about truly supporting the members in every area they wouldn't ignore this major hub.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
No one is always 100% right. In negotiations you ask for 150% more than you want and work toward the middle.
I don't care what hourlies went to the hub to help and since you and stonefish outed him on this forum maybe its better that you stay out of that arena no matter what he did or didn't do. I'm asking why the big guns aren't there holding rallies and getting things straightened out. Regardless of how Fred feels about Hall or Hoffa the IBT should suck it up and make a sincere effort to be there. If they cared about truly supporting the members in every area they wouldn't ignore this major hub.
He said it on the forum boy. He posted my name first son. He told on me more than once skippy. Get your facts straight. Call him and ask him. He' ll tell you. He knows I'm right. Call him.

10 point

He said it on the forum boy. He posted my name first son. He told on me more than once skippy. Get your facts straight. Call him and ask him. He' ll tell you. He knows I'm right. Call him.
The question is: when will it stop? Maybe everyone has a part in this but do you have to keep it going?
Can't we stick to the issues without personal jabs to other stewards?
The rider is done. The mudslinging should be too.