Caught on camera: UPS Driver kicks dog.

Buckethead

Would it be nuts to think this is an ongoing issue... the dog chasing after the driver, and driver finally had it?

The Hipster came charging up instantly after, as if he were looking for a confrontation.
Or maybe the driver and pony have had words before...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I think the driver was wrong for kicking the dog. he could of blocked it.

and what some of you are saying that the driver should have done nothing with a man running towards you with a fist raised???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

you make me laugh. like I said before, if you are assaulted and this is a clear case of assault from ponytail , you have the right to defend yourself.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Do you let people punch you in the face before you react, too? Unless you are being sarcastic, you are a damn fool to let ANY dog in your personal space, if you have a choice. Management will put you on the rack if you get bit, then repeat that first sentence.
yeah well i still work as a delivery driver at ups... people let small dogs out alot under the premise he doesn't bite...next thing i hear is he has never done that after i crack their head with the diad...small dogs...yes,, big dogs whole diff set of actions...FYI i allways take pics of my small dog bites to negate any discrepancy in a potential complaint.. seems people dont like their dog getting cracked with a diad

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
yeah well i still work as a delivery driver at ups... people let small dogs out alot under the premise he doesn't bite...next thing i hear is he has never done that after i crack their head with the diad...small dogs...yes,, big dogs whole diff set of actions...FYI i allways take pics of my small dog bites to negate any discrepancy in a potential complaint.. seems people dont like their dog getting cracked with a diad

Well, I still would never let any dog bite me if I could prevent it. I guess you're assuming that dog you let bite you has all of his shots. If they think they know that their dog wouldn't bite, then maybe they think their dog doesn't need shots.

If I knew a customer's dog was always coming out, I would warn them that UPS would no longer be delivering to them. They would have to go pick up their packages. I can remember having more than a handful of addresses that had to do this because of dogs.

From your post above, it sounds like you don't always go to the hospital after getting bit by some dogs. I would do this at your own risk. Doesn't sound real smart to me. You should treat every dog bite the same as any reportable injury.

wayfair

swollen member
Self defense isn't hitting first. You step back if the aggressor has a raised fist. Give him plenty of room so if you do engage him after HE throws the first punch, you can control his attack and keep him neutralized by pinning him etc etc.

The driver pushed first and proceeded to step forward towards the aggressor. At that point he became the aggressor and the self defense arguments are void

There are ways for conflict resolution other than pushing first. He was wrong and that is not what is seen here by people with training and an eye for this stuff

Sorry, I'm not an Aikido master, I deliver boxes and drive a truck. When someone comes at me with a fist raised and gets in my face.... GTFO

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No yapper is getting close enough to bite me. PERIOD.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I think the driver was wrong for kicking the dog. he could of blocked it.

and what some of you are saying that the driver should have done nothing with a man running towards you with a fist raised???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

you make me laugh. like I said before, if you are assaulted and this is a clear case of assault from ponytail , you have the right to defend yourself.

This man was not "running" with a fist. Watch the video again. He was aggressive and had his fist raised but it was the driver who stepped in and pushed first. This is not assault or the legal parameters for it. I'll break it down for you in a simpler way:

You can posture and jump up and down all you want making any aggressive comments you want but if you don't swing(which he didn't) it isn't assault.

Our driver pushed him first and stepped towards him as if to keep attacking. THAT is assault not self defense. Self defense says you can use equal or lesser force to defend yourself. Since the driver initiated the attack by pushing first, their is no "equal or lesser force to defend "being applied. For example, if a guy punches you, you can't beat him to death with a tire iron and claim self defense.

Common self defense requires if you had a chance for flight but started "fight" instead, it is not self defense. The driver could of backed up and left, he didn't. He stayed and started a physical confrontation.

Yes the other guy was probably aggressive and saying things, stiff body posture etc. but that's when you be a professional and walk away. Brown uniforms =big targets.

The driver isn't always right. You might disagree and I get that with union brotherhood. But this is a clear case of our driver losing his cool and snapping.

wayfair

swollen member
It was a senior center and a public space.

A senior center for Alzheimers
This man was not "running" with a fist. Watch the video again. He was aggressive and had his fist raised but it was the driver who stepped in and pushed first. This not assault or the legal parameters for it. I'll break it down for you in a simpler way:wards

You can posture and jump up and down all you want making any aggressive comments you want but if you don't swing(which he didn't) it isn't assault.

Our driver pushed him first and stepped towards him as if to keep attacking. THAT is assault not self defense. Self defense says you can use equal or lesser force to defend yourself. Since the driver a initiated the attack by pushing first, their is no "equal or lesser force to defend "being applied. For example, if a guy punches you, you can't beat him to death with a tire iron and claim self defense.

Common self defense requires if you had a chance for flight but started "fight" instead, it is not self defense. The driver could of backed up and left, he didn't. He stayed and started a physical confrontation.

Yes the other guy was probably aggressive and saying things, stiff body posture etc. but that's when you be a professional and walk away. Brown uniforms =big targets.

The driver isn't always right. You might disagree and I get that with union brotherhood. But this is a clear case of our driver losing his cool and snapping.

blah blah blah

we are truck drivers not fuggin mentalists...

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Sorry, I'm not an Aikido master, I deliver boxes and drive a truck. When someone comes at me with a fist raised and gets in my face.... GTFO

Ok wow that's mature. Ooooh make fun of me because I study aikido for the last 20 years. Never said "master". That term isn't used :censored2:. I'm sorry that's not cool enough for you that I actually did something constructive with my life besides ups. I also study Kali, Krav Maga and systema. But whatever. Why don't you GTFO and actually realize you might not know what you're talking about.

Yeah go ahead and start a fight with a guy who's being aggressive or posturing his fists. When you're out of a job, remember how cool you are when they hire you at FedEx ground. They probably won't care if you start physical altercations with customers.

You've watched too many MMA fights I'm betting. People like you probably are itching for a fight. Smart people know when to walk away from one and live another day. So they say.

M

MenInBrown

I don't think I've ever kicked a dog. I've always connected with the DIAD. The guy had every right to push the man running up to him. Given the situation he felt threatened, therefore reacted. If someone pulls a knife or gun on you, you don't have to wait to get stabbed or shot first to do something about it.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
A senior center for Alzheimers

blah blah blah

we are truck drivers not fuggin mentalists...

Some of us actually have brains and do more with our life than just UPS.....

Except you.......it's probably all you have because it's very apparent you don't have any sense or an education.

You're obviously just very stupid.

And with your way of thinking, UPS might be what you lose if you were in this situation.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I don't think I've ever kicked a dog. I've always connected with the DIAD. The guy had every right to push the man running up to him. Given the situation he felt threatened, therefore reacted. If someone pulls a knife or gun on you, you don't have to wait to get stabbed or shot first to do something about it.

If someone pulls a gun or knife, pushing them is going to save you?