Caught on camera: UPS Driver kicks dog.

rod

Retired 22 years
After watching that video a dozen times I say:

1. The dog was barking and charging at that driver before the kick. I don't care how it was acting after the
kick.
2. It wasn't that much of a kick -actually kind of pansy :censored2: if you ask me.
3. Who knows how many times that driver has been to the doctor for a dog bite. I had to go 3 times as a
driver.
4. The dog was definitely NOT under control of its master. Some cities might not have a leash law but all
have laws about keeping your animals under control.
5. The driver had every right in the world to defend himself as the other dude was the aggressor.

I would give that driver an atta-boy award.

10 point

And as someone who's studied Aikido and other Japanese martial arts for 20 years, this was just handled poorly from a conflict resolution standpoint. The body language suggests aggression and escalation on the drivers part. If someone is coming to hit you, stepping back and not projecting makes it less likely the aggressive one will engage.
Evidently the driver didn't study shotokan or any eastern arts.

Maybe he grew up where he learned self preservation from an early age because he had to.

Maybe he just got ripped in the office by a worthless 30 day wonder supe over trumped up issues.

This job can create issues on road by what happens after the pcm.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
that's because you're an idiot and try to judge everyone who has different view than you..
to own a gun, doesn't mean you have to want to shoot someone..... jeez

No I just call out stupidity when I see it. If you feel judged because of that, that's your issue. Don't go around advocating starting a fight in the name of self defense while in ups Browns. If you think that's a valid viewpoint, well I'm sorry but I'm going to call you stupid and not agree with your "different " viewpoint.

And I never said just because you have a gun means "wanting " to shoot someone. I just think based off my limited interactions with you that you would do something stupid and irrational in a conflict with a gun. I'm sorry you didn't understand that. I'll try not to make points too complicated for you to understand.

And I'm the idiot? Ok glass house.

Anything else you want to throw out there?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Evidently the driver didn't study shotokan or any eastern arts.

Maybe he grew up where he learned self preservation from an early age because he had to.

Maybe he just got ripped in the office by a worthless 30 day wonder supe over trumped up issues.

This job can create issues on road by what happens after the pcm.

How do any of those points justify pushing someone while wearing Browns? They don't. Regardless of the situation, he needed to be the bigger person and walk away. Instead ego and chest pounding pride took over.

This job is stressful no doubt. But if you can't control yourself in a professional manner when confronted with conflict, you're going to get what you deserve. Unless the other guy pulled a weapon, the driver had every chance to de escalate the situation and just walk away.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
There were 2 dogs and the kick was justified and not devastating. Who knows what the man said as he ran up on the driver and raised his hand to him. If that would have been in a parking lot on a weekend, someone would be picking them self off the floor. Sucks, though.

10 point

How do any of those points justify pushing someone while wearing Browns? They don't. Regardless of the situation, he needed to be the bigger person and walk away. Instead ego and chest pounding pride took over.

This job is stressful no doubt. But if you can't control yourself in a professional manner when confronted with conflict, you're going to get what you deserve. Unless the other guy pulled a weapon, the driver had every chance to de escalate the situation and just walk away.
There is no justification for being an aggressor in browns or out of them.

None.

And most folks have NOT taken any form of selfdefense that would trigger how to calmly handle situations like this one.

He made a really poor judgement move no matter what the other guy was saying.

wayfair

swollen member
There were 2 dogs and the kick was justified and not devastating. Who knows what the man said as he ran up on the driver and raised his hand to him. If that would have been in a parking lot on a weekend, someone would be picking them self off the floor. Sucks, though.
but we have an aikido master here that thinks all driver's should have situational awareness(learned while he trained for it... the rest of us raise families and have family bbqs)

I have an uncle that does situational awareness classes.. that's what he trains for.
we are package delivery drivers..

10 point

If you're talking about self disciplined reactions because of years of martial arts vs no disciplined training you're comparing apples to bananas.
Emotions take over in the absence of discipline.

wayfair

swollen member
the guy was delivering medical supplies

Orion inc.

I like turtles
There is no justification for being an aggressor in browns or out of them.

None.

And most folks have NOT taken any form of selfdefense that would trigger how to calmly handle situations like this one.

He made a really poor judgement move no matter what the other guy was saying.
I'll agree with these points

overflowed

Are you actually justifying our guy's behavior?

He deserves to be immediately terminated.
Come on Dave, this dude knew the person was coming, and still kinda kicked the dog. Maybe your boy had prior issues with that dog, or he has has bitten before. I've been bitten before and I don't mess with any dogs that aren't mine. Hands on a customer is a big no no anywhere.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
but we have an aikido master here that thinks all driver's should have situational awareness(learned while he trained for it... the rest of us raise families and have family bbqs)

I have an uncle that does situational awareness classes.. that's what he trains for.
we are package delivery drivers..

And we have dumb asses like you who would start fights like this guy and not see a problem.

And once again genius, I have kids and a happy marriage and still do all the family stuff too. It's called balancing priorities. Maybe you need to eat a little less bbq and a little more time actually understanding things.

Situational awareness should just be basic common sense when you're out. I'm sorry you're lacking in both of those.

Sorry I'm more than just a "package delivery driver".
Sorry that's all you've seemed to accomplish and I'm betting you're probably not real good at that either

Anything else you wanna try to throw out there at me?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
the :censored2: comes from the guy callin that.....
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1436500885.918484.jpg