Central States Pension Cut to be Announced Next Week!!!!!!

mike1646

These people have funds for everything but to pay the retirees, including checking upon you. If they catch you, they'll save some money.

PT Car Washer

I still don't understand why these kind of restrictions, what do they care where you work after you retire?
The restrictions for where you can work after retirement is to protect the young Union members starting out. If you want to keep working a Union job after retirement then you should not have retired. You can always be a grain hauler for $15/hr. Farm jobs and school bus drivers do not apply.

rod

Retired 22 years
The restrictions for where you can work after retirement is to protect the young Union members starting out. If you want to keep working a Union job after retirement then you should not have retired. You can always be a grain hauler for $15/hr. Farm jobs and school bus drivers do not apply.

Or you could get a Government job---apparently they didn't want any more investigations into their retirement policies by the government.

mike1646

Can you imagine retiring from UPS with 35 years and then going back for a part-time in preload?
That would really suck.

andrsnbkj

To add insult to injury when we retired we weren't allowed to take but just a few jobs that were "allowed" by the union (not that I wanted a job anyway but it was just another slap in the face). If you thought about taking a part time job (or any job for that matter) you had to clear it with the union first. I know guys who had to turn down great part time retirement jobs because they didn't want to risk losing their pension. First they won't allow you to supplement your income and then they cut your pension almost in half. Who says life is fair? There are a lot of older retirees who are going to be hurting or will have to drastically change their life style when these cuts come. Thankfully I should be ok (not that I won't miss over a grand a month missing from the old pension check). I told the wife she will have to get a job again----------------------------------------she laughed.
Majority of us upsers won't make it to see 35 years in with the company to grab that full pension. The way ups beats the piss out of us drivers it's better to get out at 20 years if you started young enough to go do something else. It sucks that the union has that much of a say in how we supplement our income after all the money we pay them every month for dues

Sometimes

I lasted 42 years. It's hard work but you do your job and take the paycheck. Just work steady, do it right and don't worry about their numbers. You'll make a ton of money, you won't be home to fight with your wife and if you put all that OT in a 401k you will live happily ever after.

Hofficer Hater

Majority of us upsers won't make it to see 35 years in with the company to grab that full pension. The way ups beats the piss out of us drivers it's better to get out at 20 years if you started young enough to go do something else. It sucks that the union has that much of a say in how we supplement our income after all the money we pay them every month for dues

But thanx to the union you are protected and healthcare insurance.

Do you think you can buy your own healthcare insurance for $90 a month to cover you, your spouse and children?

People like you are unreal!

Go ask your non union buddies how much they pay for insurance.

But thanx to the union you are protected and healthcare insurance.

Do you think you can buy your own healthcare insurance for $90 a month to cover you, your spouse and children?

People like you are unreal!

Go ask your non union buddies how much they pay for insurance.
It used To be next to nothing. Now the.costs go up every year. They didn't vote or deserve that :censored2:

Hofficer Hater

Yes, the IBT just rammed it in! But the Pennsylvania locals and Louisville will come out and vote heavily against Hoffa next year. Louisville has over 9,000 angry UPSers!