Changes to RDO

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Holydriver, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Holydriver

Holydriver Active Member

So we all know RDO is going to be history in a few months. No biggy, ORION is better than the nectar of God's balls, so I'm in agreement. But, I've been noticing changes to RDO lately that make it even less efficient than ODO. For example, you used to be able to switch to RDO and deliver the route perfectly, but now RDO with have neighborhoods all out of order so it's impossible to follow.

Has this been an issue with you where you are? Am I losing my mind and being paranoid?

2. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

I haven't heard about this yet. So there'll be no more turning ORION off when it sucks? Well I can think of at least one route of mine that will be an absolute nightmare.

3. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Whether or not you can cycle RDO or ODO on and off is irrelevant. If the neighborhoods and stops are all screwy (like they normally are), old school that beotch and stop the truck, set up your stops from area knowledge and experience and drive that magilla like it's stolen. Orion and EDD don't know the shortcuts like we do!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Did you hear this from a reliable source?

5. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

RDO follows EDD so they might try to disable it to force everyone ODO but I can't see them completely eliminating it. Until the bugs are worked out they need RDO as an option for when ODO breaks down.

6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Another cluster if true, especially at peak.

7. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

Center mgr said it last month.

8. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

I can't see this happening. Last peak I had half of my work shuttled out to me. I couldn't follow Orion even if I wanted as many of my stops were on the shuttle and not even in my possession.

Never mind, it probably is true.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Fezco

Fezco New Member

You just summed up UPS management!

10. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

RDO isn't going anywhere, the base route has a shell plan that is basically RDO. The reason your RDO is jacked is 100% dispatch issues screwing with shell plans. Even ORION can be grouped to go by RDO for areas. If you need the terminology to group sections of your route by RDO, it's called "celling".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  11. Savvy412

Savvy412 Active Member

My center still doesnt have Orion ...but I dont understand what RDO is..can someone explain

12. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

RDO, regular(route) delivery order
    ODO, optimized delivery order

13. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

RDO= 8.5 hour day
    ODO= 10 hour day

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. MC0493

MC0493 Active Member

I would hope rdo never goes away. Trying to dig crap out of the 8000 shelf at your 3rd stop is not very efficient...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I turn it off because it's so screwed up and management doesn't say anything. I do wish they would remove Edd all together because then my stop count would have to go down by 20-30 stops and management wouldn't have a easy solution (just turn Orion off).

16. Grey

Grey Active Member

Yes RDO is definitely different and more scattered but still better than RDO.

17. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Feeder News Network

18. ChrisTheBrown

ChrisTheBrown Active Member

Huh?

19. Holydriver

Holydriver Active Member

Consider yourself lucky. But, be wise, stock up on KY jelly now. It helps

20. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

Hey had a day running ODO and is so confused he can't type right now