Cheap shippers?

Rainman

Its all good.
Yeah, shame on me for taking care of the customers. Shame on me for going back to Gamestop in the afternoon because I think the corporate agreement to pick up and deliver at the same time (10 am) is stupid as hell. Shame on me for reattempting send agains that I drive by in the afternoon. Shame on me for giving my personal cell phone number to certain customers so they can meet me and get their stuff early. Shame on me for working with my Smart Pickups to make sure they are taken care of if they have a late order. Shame on me for making sure the UPS Store has Forever Bags to sort their smalls. Shame on me for separating the college delivery by students and facility or for going back to the bookstore during their busy season for a second unscheduled pickup. Shame on me for indirecting packages for schools that are closed for the day to the district office, which then shuttles them the following day. Shame on me for doing all of the little things that I do to take care of my customers.
You're absolutely right. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

Ouch

="TooTechie, post: 1366433, member: 28388"]When you switch to Orion you still have room to do some things your way but driving somewhere orion says you're not supposed to isn't one of them.[/quote]
Doesnt ups know it's his way or they can sale.

Z

ZQXC

Too early in the morning for shouting.
You will disturb Rowdy, and that's going to be one pissed pussee.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I DRIVE BY THERE EVERY AFTERNOON!!!!!!
When you're on orion there is no more I drive this way or that way everyday except your pickups. If you have to go past there for pickups you might be able to pull it off but not the days the orion engineer rides with you...and if its like even an eighth of a mile driving across a plaza to get there its no bueno.

Orion had me do retarded stuff and when I asked the Orion engineer about it he showed me on the map where it saved 50 feet. You read that correctly 50 FEET.

Once your center passes the orion tests and they go away if you can keep your mileage down you can still probably do what you want but if your route is one that has no way of coming close to the mileage they claim then you'll be scrutinized daily.

I had a route where I could beat the mileage so I could do whatever I wanted. I also ran a route where no matter what I did I couldn't come close to hitting the orion miles and I was watched like a hawk. On another route the orion dispatch was so similar to the EDD trace that I could leave orion off all day and still be about 92% to Orion.

959Nanook

Just my personal experience, there is a learning curve with the Smart Pickups that some individual employees of the shipper will have a difficult time with. The original employees might have all the kinks worked out and then they go on vacation, get moved out of shipping, or are no longer employed at the shipper... it can be an invitation for a frustrating disaster. As I understand it, it is worse if the unfamiliar employee is not paying attention to which boxes they are and aren't checking during the process.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do yourself a favor-----go to Google maps and look up Consumer Square Plattsburgh NY. When you get to the overview you will see Staples to the right, Walmart in the middle and Gamestop to the left. I do the pickups at both Staples and Walmart (Vision) so you can see that I drive right by Gamestop on my way out of the plaza.

The sad part is that I feel as though I have to explain myself to a bunch of strangers on an anonymous Internet forum knowing full well that I will continue to take care of this customer regardless of whether I warrant your approval or not. They appreciate it, it makes my life a bit easier and my mgt team is OK with it-----that's the only approval I really need.

bumped

My Gamestop doesn't really care when I get there. They do one larger shipment once a week of all their trade-ins. Occasionally they have some store to store shipments, but it doesn't seem to be a high priority for them to get it out.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My Gamestop doesn't really care when I get there. They do one larger shipment once a week of all their trade-ins. Occasionally they have some store to store shipments, but it doesn't seem to be a high priority for them to get it out.
Are all game stop deliveries guaranteed by noon or is that just a local thing?