Closed after 5

Fuzzy Brown

When you're told to follow it, your responsibly is to work as directed.

I had a production ride recently and was told stop scrolling and run Orion the way it’s set up I’m wasting time and cherry picking stops and to trust the solution.
The day after the ride I ran 90%, over 2 hours and 2 missed businesses the center manager asked me about it an I recited word for word what the on car told me to do from my trusty spiral notepad and he said just do whatever it takes not to have missed.

UrFellowUpser

What i usually do with a pkg in question that i dont know is a business or not during the day as im sorting my truck is scan the pkg and see if i can dr it or not and that usually let me know what i should do

ixtab

Just curious, i had a few closed after 5 covering a heavy business/pickup route, 3 total businesses and about 8 packages it was only my second time covering that route, 180 stops and they were at the bottom of my page, can i just say i was working as directed and following orion 100%? Or do i just have to take the hit, i have no way of telling an address is a business at the bottom of my board. No one knows that route well enough to tell me otherwise or i would have asked. ugg.
Take the hit. They will say you only have to be 85% or better.
I know my route extremely well. I gave my SUP a list of 12 businesses off the beaten path & told him, "Make sure ORION has me arrive at all these locations before 3pm." (in case of NDA Savers).
SUP: "I can't do that! It will totally screw your ORION."
ME: "Yet that's the expectation you have of Driver's every day."
SUP: "Do they have business hours clearly posted on the door?"
(These are all Churches, Schools, etc.) I just walked away.
Seems they are now more interested in loopholes, than providing service.

sikidiki

Update, i got pulled in the office with the steward and the sups told me the district manager wanted to give me a warning letter, but they said that wasn't fair and gave me a "harsh" verbal. They said it was their fault for having me cover this new route with so many pickups and businesses, so today they gave me a sheet with all of the businesses highlighted in yellow and i had to have them all done by 3, it worked great and i still got back at 9:15, that route is a beast.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Update, i got pulled in the office with the steward and the sups told me the district manager wanted to give me a warning letter, but they said that wasn't fair and gave me a "harsh" verbal. They said it was their fault for having me cover this new route with so many pickups and businesses, so today they gave me a sheet with all of the businesses highlighted in yellow and i had to have them all done by 3, it worked great and i still got back at 9:15, that route is a beast.

That worked out about how it should have. Just ask them to do the highlighted list for any route you do blind and you should be set.

That’s BS. Gross mismanagement and incompetence.

cornfed

And management told me that my route was now screwed up and different every day because it would be EASIER for the cover drivers. SMH. Idiots.

cornfed

Thats great! See how their stupidity is going to make you rich? Work as directed!

JL 0513

We have the technology to bill customers as either resi or commercial. Why would we use the same technology to alert the drivers?

This is a logical idea. UPS's database knows every commercial address, why don't we get a Diad alert at 4:40 of any remaining business stops just like the 20 minute warning on savers at 2:40? So simple, but no, have the drivers scroll through dozens of stops and pulling up details to check for businesses (for those covering routes).

Why is it that this forum voluntarily comes up with so many money saving easy solutions and the CEO making millions finds ways to waste money (eliminating RDO for example)?