Concealed carry

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Can someone point me to the cardinal sin that gets you terminated without a warning letter for having a firearm in your vehicle?

Did UPS Security suddenly gain Law Enforcement powers to ask Judges for warrants?

If UPS has a right to search my personal vehicle in their parking lot then doesn't any private parking lot have the same right? Costco has the same signs, are they going to search my car?

Why would anyone tell Management what they keep in their car?

Why would you openly display a firearm in a vehicle you are going to be absent from for 8-12 hours?

Gun Vault makes excellent vehicle safes.

The best answer to any question posed by UPS security is "I do not recall". This conveys that you are cooperating but cannot accurately answer their question at this time (but may be able to at a later time).

In AZ our parking lots are full of more guns than a small gunstore. We had one steward who wore an empty holster for years when management used to slash his tires quite regularly. He's still here.
I worked in Corporate for 19 years and always had a gun in my glove compartment or console.
It's just a rule that UPS can never enforce as long as it stays there.
Sort of like Republicans and their laws against Homosexuality ... keep it in the bedroom and it doesn't exist.

Dr.Brownz

You mean other than the M-16 that I used to qualify while in the Air Force?

I am from southern New England and guns were not a big part of my life growing up.

Oh you are one of those people who believe only the special class of people should have guns and normal people cant handle them. Makes sense knowing you are a wannabe elitist.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Seems like a good reason to shoot someone...you can't be serious.

As I said, I am from a part of the country where people don't generally carry guns in to the supermarket or bank.

Unless they are planning to rob it.

As I was watching the actors in the movie rob the bank I never would have thought that the customers would start shooting at them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Without going in to detail, my disdain for guns is a direct result of a tragedy within my family.

Don't bother asking about it-----the above is all you are going to get.

upschuck

As I said, I am from a part of the country where people don't generally carry guns in to the supermarket or bank.

Unless they are planning to rob it.

As I was watching the actors in the movie rob the bank I never would have thought that the customers would start shooting at them.
Have no idea from what perspective the writers/directors come in with, but makes a big difference on how things are portrayed in films. Don't believe everything in the movies.

P.S. I have no idea what movie you are even talking about, but get the gist of it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have no idea from what perspective the writers/directors come in with, but makes a big difference on how things are portrayed in films. Don't believe everything in the movies.

P.S. I have no idea what movie you are even talking about, but get the gist of it.

"Hell or High Water" was based in Texas.

Dr.Brownz

Without going in to detail, my disdain for guns is a direct result of a tragedy within my family.

Don't bother asking about it-----the above is all you are going to get.

SO no one should have guns because at some point someone was irresponsible? Same agreement could be made for anything in modern society, especially motor vehicles. Vehicles pollute the air too.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The question was why do I not like guns, not whether they should be banned (they should).

Dave
I get that you have that point of view from the tragedy you went through and I'm sorry for your loss on that.

But from a rational perspective , banning guns or evens guns aren't the problem or solution.

It's the lack of thorough training and understanding by many how to use them safely,in a tactical sense and responsibly that is the absolute problem.

Anything in life can be used as a "weapon". It's understanding that and the responsibility that comes with that is what most don't do or understand