Contract negotiations update June 21st

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He mentioned something about enforcement on the remaining two days, but didn't specify.
I’m just guessing but if drivers on an 8 hour day could bring the truck back the proper load would more than likely be leaving the building that morning. If a driver automatically got their 9.5 penalty pay I’m also guessing dispatch would be getting these loads dialed in more often than not…jmo. When things are automatic or more power in our court, well, they don’t like that powershift.

Last edited:

RangerMan06

I’m just guessing but if drivers on an 8 hour day could bring the truck back the proper load would more than likely be leaving the building that morning. If a driver automatically got their 9.5 penalty pay I’m also guessing dispatch would be getting these loads dialed in more often than not…jmo. When things are automatic or more power in our court, we’ll, they don’t like that powershift.

UPS can absolutely adjust the dispatch and run more routes if necessary. It's debatable if it would cost them any more money to do so.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Go grab us a few cases of pork rinds
1687658208863.jpeg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I believe they would. Others on here will tell you differently
I think we’re getting to the point where our overtime will be close to 75 bucks. A new driver at 30 bucks, truck, fuel, benefits.., might be about the same ballpark. Although you’d have some drivers who would be pissed if the company cut all the OT, maybe they might actually have to retire????

RangerMan06

I think we’re getting to the point where our overtime will be close to 75 bucks. A new driver at 30 bucks, truck, fuel, benefits.., might be about the same ballpark. Although you’d have some drivers who would be pissed if the company cut all the OT, maybe they might actually have to retire????

Don't forget penalty pay, work comp, and better production in a truck not bricked out.

FozziesDeliveries

Drivers that want the over time can stay off the 9m5 list and call the building for more work. Ez pz

Brownwind

Funny how the company has the willingness and resources to pay out double time and quadruple time grieves, but they don’t have the willingness and resources to give us a raise big enough to keep up with inflation.

Also, any contract that doesn’t solve forced 6th punch is a hard no vote from me.
6th punch?? How do you still have hours left?? Go in early and run out of hours. Easy way to enjoy long weekends and big checks.

I’m dumbfounded why most aren’t just playing the game. 4 long days. 3 days off with bonus for not being able to punch in on Friday. Remember if you are out of hours you still get paid for 8 on the 5th day