Contract negotiations update June 21st

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Factor in the extra vehicle (we have at least 20 extra package cars just sitting) extra fuel, extra maintenance, extra loaders, and more effort on the dispatch sup. Nope, not saving any money.
yeah, why would they when they have you making pre 82 wages doing the work…don’t want to cut into your sugar daddy money.
1687661012093.gif

Shorts365

6th punch?? How do you still have hours left?? Go in early and run out of hours. Easy way to enjoy long weekends and big checks.

I’m dumbfounded why most aren’t just playing the game. 4 long days. 3 days off with bonus for not being able to punch in on Friday. Remember if you are out of hours you still get paid for 8 on the 5th day
6th punch?? How do you still have hours left?? Go in early and run out of hours. Easy way to enjoy long weekends and big checks.

I’m dumbfounded why most aren’t just playing the game. 4 long days. 3 days off with bonus for not being able to punch in on Friday. Remember if you are out of hours you still get paid for 8 on the 5th day
there’s not many routes in my center where you can hit your 60 by Friday, let alone Friday morning, even if you’re working as safely as teamsterly possible. You’d have to be so egregious they’d have solid grounds for termination.

RangerMan06

Factor in the extra vehicle (we have at least 20 extra package cars just sitting) extra fuel, extra maintenance, extra loaders, and more effort on the dispatch sup. Nope, not saving any money.

Extra vehicle... it's already there

Extra fuel and maintenance... debatable we have our own mechanics and use propane or natural gas that is far cheaper. The mileage we save is minimal considering we still have to go to those stops regardless its on 1 truck or 2. Also factor in drivers adding miles to there route because of breaking off trace to get pickups and drop off air.

Loaders... They would still be loading the exact same amount of packages but would have more room in more truck thus making it more efficient

Dispatch... Would be much easier not micromanaging every route trying to dodge 9.5s and missed service issues.

DriverNerd

Drivers that want the over time can stay off the 9m5 list and call the building for more work. Ez pz
I'm not on the 9.5 list and if I get done early I don't need to call in and ask for more work. They let me know long before I finish what 9.5 drivers work needs to be done because of our crappy dispatches.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Extra vehicle... it's already there

Extra fuel and maintenance... debatable we have our own mechanics and use propane or natural gas that is far cheaper. The mileage we save is minimal considering we still have to go to those stops regardless its on 1 truck or 2. Also factor in drivers adding miles to there route because of breaking off trace to get pickups and drop off air.

Loaders... They would still be loading the exact same amount of packages but would have more room in more truck thus making it more efficient

Dispatch... Would be much easier not micromanaging every route trying to dodge 9.5s and missed service issues.
He’s only disagreeing because he doesn’t want to loose his gravy train

100%

Although I think there are some good improvements in the tentative agreement, I feel like ups has just pushed more money to some of the problems. I like the improvements for sleepers, pt transfers, military members, and the airport badging(which they should have been doing anyway) and the ramp employees pay improvements. IMO, I feel like the other things were what the union could actually get ups to bargain on so that’s what they went with. I could be totally off base with this but that’s JMO. I would be a yes vote on this IF we get the raises/H&W increases that we need, deserve. If I was to rate the above TA package I’d give it 5.5 out of 10…IMO. So for the wage pkg it should be a 9/10. .. you have to lump all of this into one pot and then look at it as a whole. You give me mediocre non economic language then I want a killer pay pkg. you give me mediocre pay then I want out of this world non economic stuff… because there is always next time to bargain. …what are your guys/ladies thoughts on this at this point in the negotiations…we are getting down to the wire on this. Thank you for listening and have a great weekend my Teamster brothers and sisters. CW
No concessions! Doesn’t matter which side of the pot it is!

100%

I appreciate your rationality, honestly. A voice of reason is welcome.

The Union is going to tout small wins as wins nonetheless, and I agree many are minimal or really kinda how we've done business anyway, but now on paper. The 9.5 and 8-hr increases are legitimate, even though some think it's not enough. IDGAF about a/c.

With that, I still think we end up with $7+ over this contract, and I'd bet it'll be ratified. PTers are gonna get taken care if and FTers are gonna be pushing $50/hr plus benefit increases.

My best guess.
2018 contract never passed, it was shoved down our throats. You better bump those numbers up if you think it’s gonna pass.

Brownwind

there’s not many routes in my center where you can hit your 60 by Friday, let alone Friday morning, even if you’re working as safely as teamsterly possible. You’d have to be so egregious they’d have solid grounds for termination.
Work the preload to make up the hours. It definitely is a pain but it’s worth it to freer up the weekend

2018 contract never passed, it was shoved down our throats. You better bump those numbers up if you think it’s gonna pass.
Oh, it didn't? Is that why we were all pissed that it got shoved up our asses???

You'd better realize what people are willing to accept, and that you're in the minority.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
2018 contract never passed, it was shoved down our throats.

No it wasn't.

Again.... only 22% of the members even bothered to participate in the strike vote. (19% in favor)

Only 45% participated in the contract vote. That didn't meet the threshold of the 2/3 rule.

People need to get over the facts of what happened.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
No it wasn't.

Again.... only 22% of the members even bothered to participate in the strike vote. (19% in favor)

Only 45% participated in the contract vote. That didn't meet the threshold of the 2/3 rule.

I do remember the UPS statement about them willing to go back to the table after the voting was tabulated.

Hoffa had the chance .. and for some reason decided to ratify. Was he really obligated to use the 50 percent clause or took the easy way out.

All we can do is make our own judgments on the last Contract. The rank and file made it known by overwhelmingly voting for O’Brien over the Hoffa candidate.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I do remember the UPS statement about them willing to go back to the table after the voting was tabulated.

The company already knew that wasn't an option the IBT had.

Hoffa had the chance .. and for some reason decided to ratify. Was he really obligated to use the 50 percent clause or took the easy way out.

It had already been implemented before. Most notably in the NMFA (freight) industry.

Way.... before Carey or Hoffa.

DriverNerd

I think Hoffa did the right thing. If it says in the rules it would be unfair not to follow them. I voted no on the contract because it sucked but you can't just break your own rules because it would be in your favor.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No it wasn't.

Do you know what the participation was for the strike vote this time??