cost of health insurance for retirees

The Milkman

Wow, 30 years there and so much of what you say rings true for me. I'm guessing I'm not the only one you took down memory lane. Shame, but at one time, UPS was a place some of us bragged about working at. The other day, I was watching a movie titled "Cesar". Of course based on the life of Cesar Chavez. In the beginning there is a part where organizers come to the fields and try to talk to workers. The workers were not only afraid to talk to the organizers, but were afraid to even look up for the ground.
I SEE THIS SAME ENVIRONMENT IN OUR YARDS. DON'T LOOK AT MANAGEMENT, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TALKING.
What a hole we work at now.

Yes there was a time when you would be proud to say you worked at UPS

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
710 retiree here .just got my insurance information and realized i can't afford retirement anymore .i thought it was bad enough when my taxes went up and my direct deposit went from $2597 ($31,164/yr)to $2561($30732/yr). that was while paying $50 for insurance($600/yr).my new insurance is $200($2400/yr)+$2000 deductable=$4400/yr.while the cost of living has gone up every year,my net retirement has gone from $30564 to $28332.next year it will be $27132,a 11% decrease in my net retirement pay.anybody know of a good job for a retired ups teamster with bad knees and back?i guess i had a good vacation while it lasted.
Either you retired too early or didn't save.

twoweeled

710 retiree here .just got my insurance information and realized i can't afford retirement anymore .i thought it was bad enough when my taxes went up and my direct deposit went from $2597 ($31,164/yr)to $2561($30732/yr). that was while paying $50 for insurance($600/yr).my new insurance is $200($2400/yr)+$2000 deductable=$4400/yr.while the cost of living has gone up every year,my net retirement has gone from $30564 to $28332.next year it will be $27132,a 11% decrease in my net retirement pay.anybody know of a good job for a retired ups teamster with bad knees and back?i guess i had a good vacation while it lasted.

You probably thought our retirement plan, meant you can actually retire and eat? Oh contrar buddy. Not anymore!

willybad

great news ! i beat some high school kids out of a minimum wage summer job.i'm so proud to have retired from such a great company as ups .so that 5 years later ,they could take my retirement away from me .by forcing me to pay a lot more ,for a lot less insurance benefits ,than they promised me when i retired .the good news is,if i work real hard, and save my money all summer,i'll still have my winters to enjoy.at least ,till ups takes back more of my retirement with the next contract !

The Milkman

great news ! i beat some high school kids out of a minimum wage summer job.i'm so proud to have retired from such a great company as ups .so that 5 years later ,they could take my retirement away from me .by forcing me to pay a lot more ,for a lot less insurance benefits ,than they promised me when i retired .the good news is,if i work real hard, and save my money all summer,i'll still have my winters to enjoy.at least ,till ups takes back more of my retirement with the next contract !

In due time all The YES Voters will be in the same situation, They will then be wanting your job....The way things are going current employees will be working till they either hobble out crippled, croak, or work till age 70...At one time UPS Benefits were 2nd to none......What happened??

The Milkman

I very rarely even mention it anymore. I'll stop by your house the next time I fill up the bike with petrol at Costco.

Surprised you have enough $$$ left over now that our retirement costs have gone up...That's right you ride a HARLEY now because it saves you $$$...Money that you need now to pay a deductible, Increased monthly medical premiums and more for Doctor visits, and prescriptions, All us retirees can Thank the YES Voters

upschuck

I'm assuming you have documents to prove it? Take them to court.

OPTION3

So much for the Brotherhood!
No vote....no voice......the AMERICAN way....part timers far outnumber full time.....if they voted as a block.....they could control the narrative. Then again if people wouldn't Work off the clock.......yeah been there already..perjurer

Last edited: