Counter Offer!

bacha29

About 84 hours for the last best and final offer by July 5.
You don't say? All I was trying to do was to get the word out and call your attention to published reports.

Sounds to me like UPS is calling you out and putting you people over on defense to see how you do on that side of the ball.

In the meantime I'm just going to sit back and observe all the different tactics UPS is going to use to test the ability of your union to maintain control of it's membership as pressures continue to mount.

Good luck....I'll be rooting for you. Then again....maybe not . I have to first check the betting line.

Mutineer

What matters and you know it is that the winner of the upcoming battle between the IBT and UPS will be the one that can get the American public on it's side and keep it there.

The opinions of the "American public" are manipulated and determined by how the news media has been instructed by their handlers to spin the subject and present it to us. This is where the sinners are portrayed as saints, and saints portrayed as sinners.

The handlers who determine the product the news media presents to us are the evil (insert personal conspiracy theory here).

If there's a strike, how the handlers will instruct the news media to portray the Teamsters is anybody's guess.

bacha29

The opinions of the "American public" are manipulated and determined by how the news media has been instructed by their handlers to spin the subject and present it to us. This is where the sinners are portrayed as saints, and saints portrayed as sinners.

The handlers who determine the product the news media presents to us are the evil (insert personal conspiracy theory here).

If there's a strike, how the handlers will instruct the news media to portray the Teamsters is anybody's guess.
Exactly. Not many years ago the IBT was designated a criminal organization with power having to be ceded to the federal government.

If it wants to be tagged with that designation again all it has to do is to act like it. That's why it is imperative that the IBT find some way to maintain order and discipline inside it's ranks and not allow chaos to reign supreme as pressure continues to mount.

Mutineer

Exactly. Not many years ago the IBT was designated a criminal organization with power having to be ceded to the federal government.

If it wants to be tagged with that designation again all it has to do is to act like it. That's why it is imperative that the IBT find some way to maintain order and discipline inside it's ranks and not allow chaos to reign supreme as pressure continues to mount.
Good or bad, it really doesn't matter what the Teamsters do or "act' like.

If/when the news media ever portrays the Teamsters as a white man kneeling on a black man's neck, it's all over for them.

Thebrownblob

You don't say? All I was trying to do was to get the word out and call your attention to published reports.

Sounds to me like UPS is calling you out and putting you people over on defense to see how you do on that side of the ball.

In the meantime I'm just going to sit back and observe all the different tactics UPS is going to use to test the ability of your union to maintain control of it's membership as pressures continue to mount.

Good luck....I'll be rooting for you. Then again....maybe not . I have to first check the betting line.
Do you think I care what’s reported? Most news agencies are wrong about 85- 90% of the time, this is your problem you believe everything you read without any actual knowledge. Thank you for informing me on something I was never going to read or care about.

I’ve been through half a dozen negotiations like this with UPS, and dozens of others with different companies. This is not abnormal the only difference this time is that the man in charge of our union does not want to extend the timeline for negotiations past August 1 costing members money, and unable to implement new better language. and I agree with him. The company likes to drag it out another 6 to 8 months after give us the offer now, so we can get it voted on, hopefully ratified and move on with work. Of taking care of the customer.

pkgdriver

Arent you retired? Oh thats a couple of other guys.

Thebrownblob

Now the government is the criminal organization.

bacha29

Do you think I care what’s reported? Most news agencies are wrong about 85- 90% of the time, this is your problem you believe everything you read without any actual knowledge. Thank you for informing me on something I was never going to read or care about.

I’ve been through half a dozen negotiations like this with UPS, and dozens of others with different companies. This is not abnormal the only difference this time is that the man in charge of our union does not want to extend the timeline for negotiations past August 1 costing members money, and unable to implement new better language. and I agree with him. The company likes to drag it out another 6 to 8 months after give us the offer now, so we can get it voted on, hopefully ratified and move on with work. Of taking care of the customer.
Customers? With the egos you guys have I didn't think there was room left in your skulls for the customer.
Nevertheless, I commend you for your newly acquired customer focus.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Customers? With the egos you guys have I didn't think there was room left in your skulls for the customer.
We can't go on strike unless an official vote takes place, we did an anonymous vote to show corporate leadership where we stood, then we gave them a deadline to give us a better proposal or the union was walking away, and now they are negotiating until the 5th because ups gave a better proposal and so forth and so forth, and i don't know and I could be wrong but I don't think we can officially go on strike until midnight July 31st if a deal isn't reached

Thebrownblob

1688244681059.gif

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We can't go on strike unless an official vote takes place, we did an anonymous vote to show corporate leadership where we stood, then we gave them a deadline to give us a better proposal or the union was walking away, and now they are negotiating until the 5th because ups gave a better proposal and so forth and so forth, and i don't know and I could be wrong but I don't think we can officially go on strike until midnight July 31st if a deal isn't reached
Isn't it wonderful to be able to actually NEGOTIATE with your employer and have leverage over them rather than grasping your ankles and saying "THANK YOU!!" for another takeaway?? Go, Teamsters.

bacha29

Isn't it wonderful to be able to actually NEGOTIATE with your employer and have leverage over them rather than grasping your ankles and saying "THANK YOU!!" for another takeaway?? Go, Teamsters.
Saw the other day a public comment made by an O-O who has spent decades in trucking on both sides of the border.
His was the most balanced point I've heard yet regarding the contract UPS/IBT negotiations.

It's his belief that if the next IBT contract is anything less than a once in a generation contract it could mark the beginning of the end of union truckers in the U.S.

The question therefore is:....What percentage of the IBT's so called "rank and file" is comprised of Birchers, Reaganites, MAGA's evangelicals etc? People who always have their hands out to collect every extra cent of wages they can get due to being under constant pressure from their bible thumpers for more cash . But. given the passive and submissive nature of the biblical texts that controls them questions arise regarding the genuine strength of conviction they actually have when it comes to the core principles regarding the rights of a group of laborers to come together and pursue a better deal for their time and labor.

Saw the other day a public comment made by an O-O who has spent decades in trucking on both sides of the border.
His was the most balanced point I've heard yet regarding the contract UPS/IBT negotiations.

It's his belief that if the next IBT contract is anything less than a once in a generation contract it could mark the beginning of the end of union truckers in the U.S.

The question therefore is:....What percentage of the IBT's so called "rank and file" is comprised of Birchers, Reaganites, MAGA's evangelicals etc? People who always have their hands out to collect every extra cent of wages they can get due to being under constant pressure from their bible thumpers for more cash . But. given the passive and submissive nature of the biblical texts that controls them questions arise regarding the genuine strength of conviction they actually have when it comes to the core principles regarding the rights of a group of laborers to come together and pursue a better deal for their time and labor.

Screenshot_20230702_111018_Gallery.jpg

Thebrownblob

Your a delusional mess 😂 unlike an exclusionary, elitist, racist like yourself most union halls are quite diverse, both in race and politics, but we all have one common goal getting the best deal for working people and their families.

You should quit sucking the tit of everyone who claims this the end of labor just because that’s what you hope. They have been saying that for years my friend.