Customers can't stand regular driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upsguy72, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

This week I learn that most of the business customer on the route I cover don't like the regular driver. Apparently he is a total prick. A couple examples at the movie theater he told the manager that he wasn't picking up the ARS packages (not movies ) one day unless he help carry them out to the package car. At Macy's the Receiving guy tells me Friday that it been a joy to have me working there was no problems this week. This week he also had a $3750 driver follow up signature denial at a cell phone Kiosk. When the girl at Things remember said she would have something go out later I said I stop later on when I do my pick ups then when I stop she says wow you actual came back.

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Looks like you have yourself a route!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

And? UPS routes are not awarded by route niceness. I cover a route where most people hate him, they all love me, but here 6 years later it's still his route

Sent using BrownCafe App

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

People are just wired differently.

I personally would think as a bid driver you would be nice to your customers since you will be dealing with them on a regular basis.

....but then again, maybe these customers just asked for too much?

5. Funfact

Funny you say that. The the macy's guy said I should take the route. I had to tell him it doesn't work that way.

6. Funfact

No the customer aren't asking to much. I'm not the only cover driver that covers this route that has heard about the driver. This driver is just a total A-- and other drivers and management know it.

7. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Good thing being an overall pleasant person isn't a job requirement. If it were, Upstate might be selling furniture at Haverty's.

Sent using a Potato

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

Your regular sounds like one grouchy mall-rat.

The mall-rats are supposed to charm the ladies, not piss them off.

9. jaker

jaker trolling

Or they just think he is a dick because he won't bow down to them anymore

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. aiian

aiian Active Member

I know the feeling - many may not feel the same way but I don't go to work to BS and chit chat...

I took my current route from a bubbly old jibber jabbering guy so naturally many of my customers have complained to my cover driver about my perceived grumpiness and/or overall unfriendliness.

Doesn't bother me though as I know for a fact that service has been better since the day I took the route.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

My cover driver is a total douche to my customers. Then one day he told another of my cover guys that I "care too much about my customers."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Brown echo

Brown echo If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START, BUT MANAGEMENT LOVE THEM THEY ARE SCAB!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. YOU ARE KILLING ME!...lol

14. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

He reminds me a lot of Rocketman.

Sent using a Potato

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

I was thinking he sounds like Marne.

16. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

There's an attractive female driver on this one route whose customers are total dicks to the cover drivers. I can't say one way or the other if it's because she flirts with every guy on the route so they all kiss her ass, or if it's because they all want to get in her pants. But if she's not on the route, all the cover drivers get treated like crap. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when she delivers to see what is really going on.

17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sounds like a mall route? Our mall route driver is hated by everyone there. I covered one week when he went on his honeymoon. More than a couple customers responded with. "Who in the :censored2: would marry that :censored2:?"

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We had a driver locked in on a 3 day ride. At the end of day 3 the driver says. "I can't do that many stops an hour"

Sup: why?

Driver: I don't have time to talk to all of my customers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  19. Kicked Your Dog

Kicked Your Dog 22 Year South Cal UPSer

Dude, stop being a douche. You're covering a route and THAT'S IT. Good for you, you did your job, big deal. You'll piss off plenty of customers as a cover/utility driver, by not living up to the regular guy's standards. Just take the compliment, politely, and get back to work. Stop talking like a scab.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. jaker

jaker trolling

All I hear when I come back is please stop leaving