Damn you taxes...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My comment is more about the .001% that own most the wealth in this world.

The other stuff you mention I would consider comfortable but not rich on the level of those in the majority that control most of the wealth, the industries and everything else that trickles down.
You're talking about royal families in other countries.

The USA hasn't changed much.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The system being "rigged" or stacked against people is another "unintended consequence" of liberalism. Which is why it's so ludicrous that liberals are crying over these things right now.

The #1 reason why a startup has such a hard time nowadays is regulations, regulations, regulations. Liberals continue to pile on regulations and then complain about big corporations getting bigger, LOL. Um, they just created an environment where only the big boys can play the game. Companies now need teams of people just to comply with regs. Mom and Pops can't comply with thousands of pages of rules.

Big government has made opening a business damn close to impossible. Why do you think most restaurants are chains now? Most independent shops you see are the ones that went up decades ago and remain popular enough to stay open. Try building a new shop on a new piece of land today and meet the million requirements. Good luck!

I was listening to a CEO of a major chain the other day say he can barely get a store built in California and other states. All the while he is easily expanding overseas where it is no problem putting a restaurant up quickly and easily. Truly sad and a tragedy for this country's future.

Says every strict conservative. It's not true and I'm not liberal, far from it. But this right here is the conservative narrative big business has been feeding it's GOP base for years.

Brownslave688

Your 1st link is an infomercial type website selling a book. Seriously? You need to learn how to google better.

The 2nd link is mostly about wealth made from the recent technology boom of the last 20 or so years. I'll agree with some of it.

My narrative is more about the families like DuPont and Waltons who inherited their wealth from being powerhouses in long time industry.
There's no more of those families now than there were per capita 200 years ago though.

Wal Mart is on its second generation right now. Give it another 50-60 years and let's see where they are.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You're talking about royal families in other countries.

The USA hasn't changed much.

The Waltons are the wealthiest family in the world. Last time I checked, they're American. Not what I'm saying. It's part of it but we have many families here that control major industries that were started here and inherited.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
There's no more of those families now than there were per capita 200 years ago though.

Wal Mart is on its second generation right now. Give it another 50-60 years and let's see where they are.

Do you have facts to back up the per capita statement? I'd be curious to see the statistics on it. I don't think it's true because truly wealthy families find ways to protect it for generations. Maybe some changed hands or lost it but I'd bet a majority didn't.

ManInBrown

Wait till the FedEx crew see this thread. It's really amazing how clueless some customers are. Lady at a business the other day asked me if we took the trucks home. She then asked how much I had to pay for the route. Wow

Overpaid Union Thug

Your 1st link is an infomercial type website selling a book. Seriously? You need to learn how to google better.

The 2nd link is mostly about wealth made from the recent technology boom of the last 20 or so years. I'll agree with some of it.

My narrative is more about the families like DuPont and Waltons who inherited their wealth from being powerhouses in long time industry.

It's not the source that matters. It's paying attention to what they say, in and this case, how their studies more or less mirror what many others came up with. But like I said....putting that aside....what does it matter if the DuPonts and Waltons inherited their wealth? Are they evil for it? Nope. Is it unfair? No because they had no control over what families they were born into. Whats impressive is how people don't squander their wealth. Whether they inherited it or not. Focusing on the wealthy this way is really about jealously and looking for someone to blame for our own short comings. I don't envy them much at all. My jealousy stems from silly things like me wishing I had the money to burn on that new <insert whatever floats your boat> but as far as blaming them for the state of the average American's economic situation.....nope....not their fault.

margaritaville

I remember when i ground helped then worked in the hub 5 days in a row. Went over 60 hours at max rate since friday i was just working in building after riding with a supe since no hours to drive left til 10pm at night. It was like 900$ in taxes for one week. :angry-very2: But not complaining because it was a crazy paycheck for technically a part time employee.

Brownslave688

Do you have facts to back up the per capita statement? I'd be curious to see the statistics on it. I don't think it's true because truly wealthy families find ways to protect it for generations. Maybe some changed hands or lost it but I'd bet a majority didn't.
Don't have time to search right now but read a USA today article with in the last year that said 80-90% of wealth is lost by the 3rd generation.

There are a few exceptions but it's rare.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't have time to search right now but read a USA today article with in the last year that said 80-90% of wealth is lost by the 3rd generation.

There are a few exceptions but it's rare.

There is a show called "The Profit" that I like to watch. One of the businesses was 3rd generation and the host basically echoed what Brownslave said.