Day after Thanksgiving requirement

Ghost in the Darkness

UPS isn't working black Friday because Amazon said so. They are doing it for appearance only. It does very little than just waste money at a time when it isn't needed. Unless there is a crippling weather event at any point during peak, the week of Christmas is where the biggest problems arise. Too many air pieces and not enough people to get it done especially when you are getting 3rd waves of air at 3-4pm in the afternoon on Christmas Eve. Setting quotas would make the most sense but UPS isn't going to turn down potential revenue... especially when they are already losing money advancing loads and making 2nd day deliveries on the first day to free up space.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS isn't working black Friday because Amazon said so. They are doing it for appearance only. It does very little than just waste money at a time when it isn't needed. Unless there is a crippling weather event at any point during peak, the week of Christmas is where the biggest problems arise. Too many air pieces and not enough people to get it done especially when you are getting 3rd waves of air at 3-4pm in the afternoon on Christmas Eve. Setting quotas would make the most sense but UPS isn't going to turn down potential revenue... especially when they are already losing money advancing loads and making 2nd day deliveries on the first day to free up space.

Aren't all time guarantees off for peak? No refunds for late air?

rod

Retired 22 years
Ground guarantees don't exist the two weeks leading up to Christmas. Air commit gets pushed 90 minutes the week of Christmas, Black Friday, and New Years Eve.

Are you saying that all the late air that is delivered out to the drivers during peak qualifies for a refund? I seriously doubt it. Even when I was working during peak we got air shuttled out to us all day long during peak. Also I was under the assumption that ground wasn't ever a "guaranteed service"--year around.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Are you saying that all the late air that is delivered out to the drivers during peak qualifies for a refund? I seriously doubt it. Even when I was working during peak we got air shuttled out to us all day long during peak. Also I was under the assumption that ground wasn't ever a "guaranteed service"--year around.
Any late air shuttled out is just that, late. We had a peak planning call yesterday and what I just said is what we were told.

Ground does have a day guarantee, but not a time guarantee except for commercial. Residential the time commit is 11:59PM.

Ghost in the Darkness

What I was saying is that many packages get advanced and end up being NDA instead of 2nd day... a free upgrade because UPS is trying to free up space in the system. So I was just saying "losing money" because they are upgrading a service at no cost. They still were paid for a 2nd day service and with whatever discount Amazon gets with prime.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Here it is straight time plus holiday pay."(UpstateNYUPSer)

It's actually a little more lucrative than that, according to his supplement.

This is what ticks me off most about this forum. People who don't live or work anywhere near me feel it is their right to comment on that which they have no knowledge.

We get 8 hours holiday pay and are paid straight time for all hours worked.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is what ticks me off most about this forum. People who don't live or work anywhere near me feel it is their right to comment on that which they have no knowledge.

Maybe you won't get "ticked off" if you actually spend your vacation week....on vacation!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe you won't get "ticked off" if you actually spend your vacation week....on vacation!

You are the worst offender. You commented on the prison break yet had no first hand knowledge of what was actually going on. You have commented on other issues in my area which you had absolutely nothing to do with.

Yahooing is not the same as being there.

Bottom rung

You are the worst offender. You commented on the prison break yet had no first hand knowledge of what was actually going on. You have commented on other issues in my area which you had absolutely nothing to do with.

Yahooing is not the same as being there.
Once again... you shot off at the mouth about orion long before you were on it. You hadn't a clue what it was about but you felt the need to comment...
Don't worry, I don't expect a reply so you can just keep scrolling past.

Johney

A lot like you and anything to do with feeders?

Apparently you all are getting screwed compared to the rest of us.
Go take your medication Dave you're starting to show how much of a DB you are again.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Look in the mirror. That's exactly what you do. Did you ever work part time in your center (let alone recently, to have a current, relevant perspective)? Did you ever work part time in a hub? Have you been through driver training recently, to know what new drivers are/aren't taught? Feeders? What about all the comments you make on FedEx employee issues?
I read the Upstate/West New York rider's holiday language (Article 61), and it seems to say otherwise. If there is a separate letter of understanding or a (precedent setting) grievance decision, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Did you ask your coworkers who worked that day last year how they were actually paid? Was there a grievance filed?

Why does it matter to you at all, since you like to take that week off?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Look in the mirror. That's exactly what you do. Did you ever work part time in your center (let alone recently, to have a current, relevant perspective)? Did you ever work part time in a hub? Have you been through driver training recently, to know what new drivers are/aren't taught? Feeders? What about all the comments you make on FedEx employee issues?
I read the Upstate/West New York rider's holiday language (Article 61), and it seems to say otherwise. If there is a separate letter of understanding or a (precedent setting) grievance decision, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Did you ask your coworkers who worked that day last year how they were actually paid? Was there a grievance filed?

Why does it matter to you at all, since you like to take that week off?

I respect your opinion but you do not work here and have no idea what the guys who worked were paid last year.

Yes, I take that week off every year.