Should Union stewards be voted in?

• Total voters

542thruNthru

I have been working at this job for many years, and I have never experienced such disrespect from a union steward as I did today. It is disheartening to see a member of the brotherhood use intimidation tactics to try to force a fellow member to step down. Being confronted and yelled at by a steward is completely unacceptable and goes against the principles of solidarity and unity that should define our union.

If you ever find yourself in a situation like this, do not hesitate to contact your union hall and file a complaint. Stewards should be held accountable for their actions, and there should be a voting system in place to ensure that individuals in these positions uphold the values of the union.

Let's stand together and demand better from our representatives.
"It is disheartening to see a member of the brotherhood use intimidation tactics to try to force a fellow member to step down"

step down from what? Something tells me you are a safety committee member and your steward is tired of the way you are performing your duty.

Another one sided story.

oldngray

nowhere special
"It is disheartening to see a member of the brotherhood use intimidation tactics to try to force a fellow member to step down"

step down from what? Something tells me you are a safety committee member and your steward is tired of the way you are performing your duty.

Another one sided story.
It sounds like someone was throwing a tantrum over things not going how he wanted.

And yeah, there has to be more to the story.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Another one sided story.
Safety committee member = company suck ass

RTS313

Times likes these I ask myself one question

What would Larry bird do?
IMG_4478.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster
LOL ohh-k
I filed a major OSHA Complaint while on the Safety Committee, and won too. It cost UPS millions to correct the blatant safety issue that I addressed. I was on the Safety Committee for years and I never once pandered to corporate safety corruption at UPS.