Democratic National Convention

moreluck

golden ticket member
When Mayor V. of L.A. was reading the results of the voice vote after 3 times voting.....that's right, I said reading....it was already loaded on the teleprompter. Somebody didn't plan on the vote being so 50/50. Oops. Who do they think they are fooling?

Well, the mayor's spotlight at the convention was not the shining moment he'd been dreaming about!

brett636

Fact checking the speech by mooch ; nothing but lies.
bhos inherited from his white grandmother half a million in stock , his classmates were shocked to learn that he was so poor but was able to live a lavish lifestyle , her childhood small apt was actually a middle class house , claimed that bhos drove a rust bucket was that the vehicle which he did not pay his Cambridge parking tickets until 2007 ?

Michelle's speech certainly was an interesting one. In Obama's own books he talks about profuse drug use including using marijuana and cocaine, but if he could only afford a car with a hole in the floor board how did he have the money for all that drug use? Do we really want to re elect a man to the white house whose wife admits he was too stupid to buy the right size shoes? Its becoming obvious by the second during this convention that Romney is the only choice this year.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I heard Warren say the economy was rigged against the middle class......the crowd roared.
If in fact she thinks that, then when the Dems. had 3/3 for 2 years, why didn't they fix it.?

Don't Democrats ask these questions or do they just want to know where the party is?

moreluck

golden ticket member
FAIL..

Via ABC News:
The Democratic National Convention on Wednesday featured three speakers billed as “former employees of companies controlled by Bain Capital.”
They each told compelling stories about jobs lost, allegedly because of the actions of Bain under Romney’s leadership.

But it turns out one of those employees never actually worked for a company controlled by Bain Capital.
David Foster was supposedly one of those former employees on the convention schedule. He told the story about 750 steelworkers who lost their jobs when the Bain-controlled company GST steel filed for bankruptcy in the early 1990s.

“In 2001, with GST bankrupt and Romney still CEO of Bain, I stood in front of hundreds of steelworkers in their 50s and 60s, and retirees in their 70s and 80s, and told them Romney and Bain had broken their promises. Jobs, vacation pay, severance, health insurance and pension benefits that were promised — they were all gone,” he said.

But Foster, according to a former spokesman for GST Steel, never actually worked for the company.
“David Foster was never an employee of GST Steel’s Kansas City plant. He was employed by the United Steelworkers of America as their regional union director to represent GST Steel, but was not employed at our facility,” according to BC Huselton, who was head of HR at GST.

texan

Obama: " FORWARD " but drags out a tired old Clinton ?????

I was thinking and digesting this for the last few hours.

If Hillary was running against President Obama this 2012, would he have expressed such accolades
for him? I think not.

I am sorry I am somewhat suspicious and cynical.

I wonder what Mr. Bill was promised "if I win"?

bbsam

Staff member
I was thinking and digesting this for the last few hours.

If Hillary was running against President Obama this 2012, would he have expressed such accolades
for him? I think not.

I am sorry I am somewhat suspicious and cynical.

I wonder what Mr. Bill was promised "if I win"?
Are you kidding?! Bill Clinton is getting exactly what he wants. He's in the game. He's out front showing he's still got "it". I'm sure the Clinton Global Initiative is nice, but this is politics. This is Clinton life-blood.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
YAA-OUCH!
118224_600.jpg

BrownArmy

Michelle's speech certainly was an interesting one. In Obama's own books he talks about profuse drug use including using marijuana and cocaine, but if he could only afford a car with a hole in the floor board how did he have the money for all that drug use? Do we really want to re elect a man to the white house whose wife admits he was too stupid to buy the right size shoes? Its becoming obvious by the second during this convention that Romney is the only choice this year.

Did it bother you so much that Bush Jr. also abused cocaine and was an alcoholic?

upsgrunt

I'm predicting that at least one of our posters will proclaim Obama's speech a home run and the bestest speech ever delivered by anyone.
It will be said even if Obama has drool running down his chin and proclaims "Heil Hitler" throughout his speech

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Did it bother you so much that Bush Jr. also abused cocaine and was an alcoholic?
Me not really.
Speakers I bet will not appear, Monica Lewinsky, Juanita broderick, Kathleen Willy, Jennifer flowers, I know there were more, Hillary.. Poor Hillary. I woulda thrown that guy under the bus fer sure. And they want to talk about Republicans lying with the liar in chief speeching. Please. Although I like our economy much better under Clinton and Bush, this guy should not have been the one that gathers the fold. Maybe a Lanny Davis, or Al gore even tho he invented the internet, would have been more acceptable. But gather the fold he does. Talk about a war on women, and Herman Cain did what!!!!!
An alcoholic or a cocaine abuser, which Obama admitted to and you can recover from those. Once a perv always a perv.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm predicting that at least one of our posters will proclaim Obama's speech a home run and the bestest speech ever delivered by anyone.
It will be said even if Obama has drool running down his chin and proclaims "Heil Hitler" throughout his speech
You will hear exactly that on the Five At Five tomorrow.....Bob Beckel will say it. Today he said he has attended 16 conventions and this one is by far the best he's ever seen.