Depth of knowledge bs.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Prove to us that it isn't a condition of employment. At my class they made it very adamant we needed to have it memorized by the end of training.

If you have any source of this information, I'd like to have it.

No clue if there is a way around doing it once you make seniority but it is definitely a prerequisite to graduating driver school & making seniority.

I surprisingly have been able to smile and nod when ask to write them out for the last few months then I never hear about not doing it.

MethodsMan

The whole DOK thing is a good little tool for driving safely and everyone should know the gist of it. Knowing it verbatim and talking about imaginary dart boards and such is just silly though.

Do you think there was ever Circle of Honor drivers before this whole DOK stuff was thought up?

AlwaysChafed

The whole DOK thing is a good little tool for driving safely and everyone should know the gist of it. Knowing it verbatim and talking about imaginary dart boards and such is just silly though.

Do you think there was ever Circle of Honor drivers before this whole DOK stuff was thought up?

Yes.

It's called serve time and leave me alone lol

OPTION3

My response to management( And I know the DOK stuff backwards and forwards)--You can teach a PARROT to say this stuff....good luck teaching it to DRIVE a manual transmission package car!

OPTION3

All good kids may like milk but smart drivers get paid for doing dok's. I always try to save them so I can go over 10 hours. 20 minutes turns into 40. They should stop calling them dok and call them what we call them...cha ching.

​Every time I do the DOK's(on overtime)....I stop the questioner halfway through, and go to the BATHROOM for 15 to 20 minutes.....They ABSOLUTELY hate this...LMAO!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It was agreed, at the National Level.... back in 2008. I have posted this before.

Prove to us that it isn't a condition of employment. At my class they made it very adamant we needed to have it memorized by the end of training.

If you have any source of this information, I'd like to have it.

Page 5 of this thread.

You seem to be confusing, what is required in training and during qualification.

Saying, that being able to regurgitate the DOK is not a condition of employment.... means "continued" employment. After being qualified.

As far as proving it....

Well, I was there.... and so was 407's Business Agent.

In fact, shortly thereafter.... 407's Business Agent settled a grievance on the matter.... in writing. Stewards in my Local.... even have a copy.

I wouldn't have posted this several times before.... if it was BS.

​-Bug-

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
​Every time I do the DOK's(on overtime)....I stop the questioner halfway through, and go to the BATHROOM for 15 to 20 minutes.....They ABSOLUTELY hate this...LMAO!
lmao...that is a great idea!! Are the 6 steps to zipping and unzipping your fly even on the dok???

A

anonymous6

DOKs are a good thing. now since I have said it that should close the discussion.

now get back to work.

OPTION3

lmao...that is a great idea!! Are the 6 steps to zipping and unzipping your fly even on the dok???
Someone on here (a few pages back) said the company doesn't use DOK'S as punishment....EVERY friday I am dispatched a 10 1/2 hour day...they will like clock work call me in the office to do DOK'S........I don't feel guilty for sticking it back at them...If you want me here 10 1/2....how's 11 1/2 work for ya?....They NEVER learn.

Someone on here (a few pages back) said the company doesn't use DOK'S as punishment....EVERY friday I am dispatched a 10 1/2 hour day...they will like clock work call me in the office to do DOK'S........I don't feel guilty for sticking it back at them...If you want me here 10 1/2....how's 11 1/2 work for ya?....They NEVER learn.

Opt in...that will knock that crap off real friend n..fast

nicky

My favorite was when they called me on the phone to do them. I politely stopped pulled out the log which had the DOK's then spent the next 15 minutes stumbling through them... I know them, had them in writing but playing "dumb truck driver" is so much more fun

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Tell them that you don't have to answer them. Theres nothing in the contract that states that. Tell them your going to file a grievance for harassment. And if it continues next time they ask you tell them you need to call your lawyer first before you answer them.