Derailing Posts and Whining about Nancy

blkmamba

RandomDrone,

Why do you read posts that cause you pain?

If the posts of Integrity cause you pain then why isn't Integrity on your ignore list?

That would solve your pain problem as it relates to my posts.

Sincerely,
I
WHY do you keep referring to yourself as him or integrity?

gingerkat

A moderator with a history of drug and alcohol addiction. I'm sorry, Integrity, but this thread seems too linear, almost waxing sentimental. You almost seem like you regret your past and that is something that I never do. But for the sake of discussion, do you regret your past? Do you think it really could have been any other way?

I'm curious… why are you starting with this particular thing? Why do you feel you should show your sheriffs badge so quickly? If you don't like Integrity's thread or post, ignore it or say something about it without screaming out your title.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm curious… why are you starting with this particular thing? Why do you feel you should show your sheriffs badge so quickly? If you don't like Integrity's thread or post, ignore it or say something about it without screaming out your title.
I didn't bring it up. Integrity did. I never bring it up but people have the mistaken idea that when it comes to discussion and debate in threads moderators are supposed to reply in a certain way. We are to respect the TOS and I do.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I didn't bring it up. Integrity did. I never bring it up but people have the mistaken idea that when it comes to discussion and debate in threads moderators are supposed to reply in a certain way. We are to respect the TOS and I do.
bbsam,

I don't know the specific requirements or obligations set down for moderators on the BC but it is generally accepted that forum moderators have more responsibilities to an online community than you have stated above.

See the following link:

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5869467_duties-moderator_.html

Sincerely,
I

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam,

I don't know the specific requirements or obligations set down for moderators on the BC but it is generally accepted that forum moderators have more responsibilities to an online community than you have stated above.

See the following link:

Sincerely,
I
I.

It seems that I am not a conventional moderator and BC is not a conventional site. This topic has come up several times lately and should you desire more clarification on the topic, I would direct your attention to the Terms of Service. It may be that one day Cheryl is persuaded to amend these terms in such a way that my posts would be put of line. Such is not the case at this time.

bbsam

Catatonic

Nine Lives
bbsam,

See the following link:

Sincerely,
I
Regardless of what your link says, what bbsam stated is the Moderators responsibility on Brown Cafe.

Essentially, Cheryl states that Moderators are to post and interact on Brown Cafe the same as other members.
The expectation is that Moderators set an example by following the TOS when posting.

Moderators are to ensure the TOS is being followed ... usually via the "Report" link but also as we see it on the site. However, the primary motivation to moderate is via the "Report" link at teh bottommleft of each post.

I know in the past, you have felt that Mods should work hard to keep other members from taking your threads off topic but that is nowhere in the TOS.

A Mod will move a group of posts if they are "entirely off topic and have a core relationship".
We do this typically at the request of the OP or other members.

As always, if you feel topics are off-course, report it to the Mods and we will most likely clean up the thread by moving posts to a new thread.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I.

It seems that I am not a conventional moderator and BC is not a conventional site. This topic has come up several times lately and should you desire more clarification on the topic, I would direct your attention to the Terms of Service. It may be that one day Cheryl is persuaded to amend these terms in such a way that my posts would be put of line. Such is not the case at this time.

bbsam

Or it may be that Integrity is not a conventional poster.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't know. This isn't the first time my moderating (or lack thereof) has come into question. I do seem to be the common denominator. But this is nothing you don't already know yourself from interactions on BC.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't know. This isn't the first time my moderating (or lack thereof) has come into question. I do seem to be the common denominator. But this is nothing you don't already know yourself from interactions on BC.
Integrity is a lightning rod (sort of like UpState) and people dislike him/her so much that they derail his threads on purpose.

We, the Mods, try to accommodate his requests to remove derailing posts from his/her threads.