Derailing Posts and Whining about Nancy

browniehound

browniehound I agree with a lot of what you just said, even though I'm just a cog in a hub... there were days where at almost any other job I would have called in but I got to work anyways because I did not want to saddle my co-workers with the extra volume because I like them and would feel guilty. I think a lot of the problem is a top down obsession with efficiency where it seems like upper management is trying to find the floor of the minimum number of people they need to do the job. This results in a lot of stressful days which actually hurts efficiency. If the OPs premise of "If you hate your job then why don't you quit it?" was legitimate, 80% of my hub would quit tomorrow so it's clearly a flawed premise. In addition to this a shipping company has to be prepared to adjust to unexpected and changing conditions and even the best volume forecasters in the world can not account for weather and unexpected surges, meaning that a skeleton crew that can only handle the ideal amount of volume is not enough. This peak's failures proved that.

Once you learn to just brush off the mental stress, it's definitely not a horrible job but there is a slow creep into an area where it could become one. One thing that constantly bothers me is that if X hub does not meet its numbers, then the automatic assumption is that the hub failed in someway, which is then passed down to people that look at spreadsheets of numbers that are simply not sophisticated enough to account for how different docking bays and such will result in different productivity. If someone who knows the algorithms better than me disagrees, I'd love to see them.

Random, very well said and I couldn't agree more. But I can't blame UPS for trying to find the minimum # of employees to get the job done. That is just sound business which should help maximize profits. And I can't criticize anyone for trying to contain costs. I just wish the government would take a page out of UPS's book. If anyone tried to run a business like the federal (or any state) government runs theirs, they would be bankrupt very quickly.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity, I've always respected your posts. With that being said, how come you badger others with "why" so much? In another thread I posted my answer, but you never came back. When you disappeared I asked you "why" but you never answered back.

Are you not good enough to answer the questions you ask?
gingerkat,

I a very sorry about this.

Please reference any post that I neglected to answer a question and I will try to answer it if I can.

If not just ask away right here and now and I will try to answer the question as directly as I can and my conscience will allow.

Sincerely,
I

upscat

integrity I assume you are a human and not some computer created bot. could you share a story with us in which your sense of integrity was found to be lacking?

Integrity

Binge Poster
integrity I assume you are a human and not some computer created bot. could you share a story with us in which your sense of integrity was found to be lacking?
upscat,

That is not the purpose or the topic of this thread but I will answer you as a sign of good faith to you and the manner in which you have asked the question.

In my youth I was prone to drunkeness which led to me to be addicted to alcohol.

Miraculously I have not had drink of alcohol for a very, very long time.

Sincerely,
I

bbsam

Staff member
I almost feel compelled to be flippant and disrespectful and cruel and vulgar just so Tony will lock the thread before it hits 24 miserable pages.

RandomDrone

Why do you ask people why so much? And to preempt your answer why, is that your answer? Repeat this twenty million times in your own head and save this forum the pain of having to read your posts.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why do you ask people why so much? And to preempt your answer why, is that your answer? Repeat this twenty million times in your own head and save this forum the pain of having to read your posts.
RandomDrone,

Why do you read posts that cause you pain?

If the posts of Integrity cause you pain then why isn't Integrity on your ignore list?

That would solve your pain problem as it relates to my posts.

Sincerely,
I

jaker

trolling
RandomDrone,

Why do you read posts that cause you pain?

If the posts of Integrity cause you pain then why isn't Integrity on your ignore list?

That would solve your pain problem as it relates to my posts.

Sincerely,
I
Fat lady on ice , you know she's going to fall but when

The wait is killing me fall already

RandomDrone

Mr. Integrity, the god of the Protestant work ethic with delusions of logical superiority or whatever, you post a lot of things but none of them make me angry. If you're serious than that's some funny stuff. If you're trolling it's still pretty funny and I admire your dedication.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Mr. Integrity, the god of the Protestant work ethic with delusions of logical superiority or whatever, you post a lot of things but none of them make me angry. If you're serious than that's some funny stuff. If you're trolling it's still pretty funny and I admire your dedication.
RandomDrone,

It is Integrity not Mr. Integrity.

When you find things funny does that cause you pain?

You were first talking about pain now you are talking about funny.

I not sure how angry came into the discussion.

I am having a hard time keeping up with you.

Sincerely,
I