DIAD 5

SmithBarney

How about Driver to Driver Texting(messages) didn't realize how nice it is to be able to communicate to fellow drivers in your loop.

Most of the time, if I need to talk to another driver I call them from my cell to theirs. That is if they don't mind. I know, I know....personal phone vs. company business...but it is their phone and mine to make that decision for ourselves. If my fellow driver doesn't want to use his cell in this manner or they don't have a cell, I get the OMS to send them a text. It has worked OK so far.

Don1010

One good improvement would be to make the signature screen bigger. I have a ton of ppl who can t seem to sign next to the X, instead they try to sign inbetween the lines below the X. And also those same ppl seem to always hit the signature key once they grab the diad out of your hand, then i have to go and reset it. Big pain in the butt after its happened for the 10th time

LastBest&Final

To Endeavor To Persevere
City,
Some drivers dont do or dont know how to do a complete pretrip.

One good improvement would be to make the signature screen bigger. I have a ton of ppl who can t seem to sign next to the X, instead they try to sign inbetween the lines below the X. And also those same ppl seem to always hit the signature key once they grab the diad out of your hand, then i have to go and reset it. Big pain in the butt after its happened for the 10th time

That's got to be problem #1

Don't they field test the DIAD?

Put the answers for the Safety Compliance questions in it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
More than 3 lines to text the center.

Text to other drivers, (fredly).

Email & Internet access

Mass storage, so's I don't have to carry pictures anymore.

A laser that scans the barcode and/or that funny little square scan box.

Voice communication, ability to enter addresses or any information, verbally.

Last but not least, a credit/debit card reader, for C.O.D.'s and just in case you want to get some lunch money out.

New Englander

Why are we already making Diad 5?

4 even with it's problems is a great improvement over 3.

In this economy, do we need 5 right now?

Does it show 4 as a huge waste of money to be onto 5 already?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree.....BUT how much of this just proves 4 as an absolute failure that it couldn't hold up better with just software upgrades?

I don't think 4 is being described as a failure but perhaps the changed being incorporated into 5 exceed those which can be implemented through software upgrades.

I live 4. Yeah, the alpha toggle switch is a pain and they need to move the signature key, but it scans quickly and is durable. I could care less about texts between drivers or Blackberry compatability or any of that other crap.

SmithBarney

To add to the signature screen, besides larger,
the screen should just blackout all areas but the signature area
we too have this problem at FedEx... people don't know where to sign.

Then we can say sign in the BOX...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To add to the signature screen, besides larger,
the screen should just blackout all areas but the signature area
we too have this problem at FedEx... people don't know where to sign.

Then we can say sign in the BOX...

You could put in big letters: SIGN HERE and they would still be confused.

tapatio75

maybe one of those screens like in some phone, that when you are watching videos or taking pics, you turn it sideways and the image adjusts

that way, when you hand them the diad to get the signature, and then they switch sides you don't have to tell them "the other side"

eh, I think I messed up with the I said it, but I know you get my point