DIAD on lunch...

You sure are a piece of work. A person who only punches in the break they take has no impact on stops or time worked, only the time they get off. 9.5 still applies to them, and because anyone puts 30 mins in instead of an hour, just means they are getting home 30 mins earlier, they are not getting more stops, they are not working off the clock. Nobody advocates working off the clock for the permanent driver.
I get docked an hour whether I take it or not. I choose to not work for free. Why would anyone work for free? I can't comprehend why drivers give them $50 a day

upschuck

I get docked an hour whether I take it or not. I choose to not work for free. Why would anyone work for free? I can't comprehend why drivers give them $50 a day
They don't take it out automatically here. I thought UPS stopped doing that many years ago after the Cali lawsuit. By all means if they take an hour out, take the whole break, it would be asinine not to.

wayfair

swollen member
the contract is worded vaguely for a reason. :its_all_good:

this doesn't seem worded too vaguely,

per contract Southern region

"The employee shall be entitled to and required to take a meal period of 1 hour. Failure to take and properly record the required meal period may be cause for disciplinary action"

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

"The employee shall be entitled to and required to take a meal period of 1 hour. Failure to take and properly record the required meal period may be cause for disciplinary action"
My supplement says the same thing required to take 1 hour between 12-3 pm

UPSGUY72

I guess your SOL. I'm not.... sucks to be you...

Wilson

I can't always take my lunch during contract times. The place I wash my hands and take a dump can , depending on volume, NXD, or other crap I can get their as much as an hour beyond contact time. I still take the hour and management doesn't say thing about it. Take and hour and if you can't report it and get permission to work through your lunch. Either Way works out for both parties.

UPSGUY72

Which is bull:censored2:. Either we all have to take it or nobody has to take it

LOL good luck with that.... That is why there are different supplements and riders and contract for different areas of the country. There are also different procedure and rules in different building that fall under the same supplement and riders... That just the way it is....

gbpackman29

If you are in New England, I find it very hard to believe that you are not getting docked an hour because I'm in New England and do get docked an hour.

Also in New England and you take the hour or you lose the hour. If you put it 10 mins they change your timecard and adjust the lunch break to a full hour. STOP WORKING FOR FREE.