DIAD on lunch...

UPSGUY72

Also in New England and you take the hour or you lose the hour. If you put it 10 mins they change your timecard and adjust the lunch break to a full hour. STOP WORKING FOR FREE.

They might change it in your center but they don't in mine... As I said how rules are applied differ from center to center even with the same supplement area.

Packmule

Why oh why do other divers want to force me to sit for sixty minutes off the clock. Today is perfect example I will be done and off by 1745. If I took an hour lunch on this route nothing would be different except I would be off at 1845. I want that hour for me.

I get off late enough as it is far too many days. Thank god my supplement gives us the RIGHT to an unpaid meal break rather that FORCING me to take one I don't want or need.
If they start loading you up, file, file file! Your break should be your choice, 100%!

JL 0513

Yup, here in New England and I imagine other areas an hour is taken out whether you record it or not. Reason being is that it's the law and there's a big fine to UPS if the state did a time card audit and found that they weren't in compliance with the full hour lunches. Nanny statism. We as grown adults should be able to choose the length of our lunch. Taking a forced hour is that much more time I'm away from my kids. It takes me 10 minutes to eat lunch.

Yup, here in New England and I imagine other areas an hour is taken out whether you record it or not. Reason being is that it's the law and there's a big fine to UPS if the state did a time card audit and found that they weren't in compliance with the full hour lunches. Nanny statism. We as grown adults should be able to choose the length of our lunch. Taking a forced hour is that much more time I'm away from my kids. It takes me 10 minutes to eat lunch.
I agree. I live an hour away from the building. Leave house at 7:15. Work til 730, get home at 830. It sucks but gotta pay the bills

wayfair

swollen member
I guess your SOL. I'm not.... sucks to be you...

how do you figure?

I go home for lunch, takes roughly 15 minutes to prepare my meal, fresh.
Sometimes I splurge and take lunch from a restaurant home.
Take care of the dogs.
Jump in the pool in summer.
Sometimes take a shower and put on a fresh uniform.

SOL??? far from it

go runner!!!

UPSGUY72

In your center it's taken out not in mine. Mass law on breaks are employers have to give there employees 1/2 hr lunch after 6 hrs of work. That lunch can be paid or unpaid. The law says nothing about having actually take it.

Dot lunch rules don't apply either as most if not all UPS package care driver fall under the short-haul exception.

UPSGUY72

how do you figure?

Take care of the dogs.

SOL??? far from it

go runner!!!

I got out at 3:59 today and 4:15 yesterday and still got paid for 8 hrs. I don't run either, running doesn't make you get things done faster. Smooth and steady is quicker. I average just over 23 stops an hour on both days.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
how do you figure?

Take care of the dogs.

SOL??? far from it

go runner!!!
Do you go to the gym and also play handball?

FatherBrown

We can take an hour lunch if we want to...that being said, myself and a lot of guys I work with take a 10 and 15 min paid break, followed by a 5 min unpaid lunch. Qualifies for 30 mins of DOT stoppage and get paid for all of my day but 5 mins. Win win. Do you guys with the mandatory one hour lunch get any paid breaks also?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I had a customer wait on me until I was done with lunch at a restaurant before.

He said it would be rude to interrupt me while I was eating.
I had a disabled veteran show up at the restaurant I was taking my lunch at before. He badly needed the NDA signature required meds that I had tried to deliver to his house earlier that morning. I recognized his car so I got up, went out to the truck, grabbed his package, and let him sign for it. I then resumed taking my lunch break and simply added 2 minutes on to the end of it to make up for the time I spent on the delivery.

I felt it would be rude to make him park and unload his wheelchair and come inside just to see if I was the driver who had his package. And it would be even more rude to tell him "sorry, you cant have your meds for another 47 minutes, I'm on my lunch break." In addition to being wrong, that is also a good way to end up on a YouTube video.

SmithBarney

Its also the Law that you are paid for all time worked... technically if you don't take a DOT required break, you are in violation and can be fined or at least disciplined for not following company policy.

rkctkc

I was under the impression that the short haul exception still required you to take a 30 minute break period if you work over 12 hours

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was under the impression that the short haul exception still required you to take a 30 minute break period if you work over 12 hours

I hope to never find out if that is true.

upsguy-----you really should be taking your full lunch and breaks.

jl-----your meal break is much more than eating your lunch.

DOK

Report about skippers
In my local the labor manager is sending them to the center manager I get them from him but drivers don't like listening.....they say they can't ....in my local you have to take an hour between 12-3
And how would they ever know if you skipped? Can't rely on technology in collecting info on a drivers day.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I always wanted the half hour option for lunch. I think that could solve a lot of this nonsense.