Discharge

Orion inc.

I like turtles
So what is stupid about it. You don't build your life around a job making 80,000 dollars a year. Every ups driver I know has a nice house and it is simply because they have a high paying job. Do you think your going to be in good shape if you lost that job. Logic says if you lose 80,000 dollars your going to be hurting.
I could leave tomorrow kid and be okay.

Your argument doesn't hold weight. ANYONE could lose any job and be hurting. You act like every single ups driver is living large and being stupid with money. Not true.

You don't build your life any ONE single thing. You build a life, take care of your family, save smart and live.

You know how many people I know who had high paying jobs other than ups who got in over their heads? It's not the job, it's the decisions you make no matter what you do.

And only upstate makes 80k. Most ups drivers pull 95k-to over 100k. When you have that and job security, you learn to make good decisions in the long term.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Your argument doesn't hold weight. ANYONE could lose any job and be hurting. You act like every single ups driver is living large and being stupid with money. Not true.

You don't build your life any ONE single thing. You build a life, take care of your family, save smart and live.

You know how many people I know who had high paying jobs other than ups who got in over their heads? It's not the job, it's the decisions you make no matter what you do.

And only upstate makes 80k. Most ups drivers pull 95k-to over 100k. When you have that and job security, you learn to make good decisions in the long term.

I literally seen a driver one year with a sign on his truck driving around my area saying how ups fired him for no reason and he didnt get his job back. Now he is broke and losing his house. If your making top rate to say if that money goes away you are in good shape is nonsense. Nobody would be in any situation. Also you better believe ups is going to fight you if you try and claim unemployment to.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Do you realize your not getting fired for missloads and the reason they keep a file is to be able to fire you for faliure to follow instructions. If you go out on a route and mess up then they retrain you. Then you mess up again you can be fired for faliure to follow instructions. it isn't the right up for missloads they get you for it is the faliure to follow instructions.
Umm I've been doing this probably way longer than you have at ups. I know how the game is played. It's a game. Watch the senior drivers. The ones with 20-30 plus years. There is a reason they survive. They play the game well.

Let me give you some advice, follow the methods every time. Then you won't have to worry about their games. They won't have much to play with.

Jkloc420

Also you know job security is just one a hole supervisor away. Depending on what the flavor of the week is at ups.

Jkloc420

Umm I've been doing this probably way longer than you have at ups. I know how the game is played. It's a game. Watch the senior drivers. The ones with 20-30 plus years. There is a reason they survive. They play the game well.

Let me give you some advice, follow the methods every time. Then you won't have to worry about their games. They won't have much to play with.

I remeber one guy got wrote up because he didn't use the handrail once coming out of his truck. They said he didn't follow proper safety measures.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I literally seen a driver one year with a sign on his truck driving around my area saying how ups fired him for no reason and he didnt get his job back. Now he is broke and losing his house. If your making top rate to say if that money goes away you are in good shape is nonsense. Nobody would be in any situation. Also you better believe ups is going to fight you if you try and claim unemployment to.
Umm what exactly are you talking about? You're saying a driver was fired for no reason and the union laid down and did nothing? BS. That's not how it works. That driver either has more to the story you don't know or he didn't file.

In my 20 plus years at ups, never seen a FT driver lose his job for nothing. And I live in a right to work state.

If you really think this, you have the weakest local or you don't know how to play the game at ups.

Jkloc420

Umm what exactly are you talking about? You're saying a driver was fired for no reason and the union laid down and did nothing? BS. That's not how it works. That driver either has more to the story you don't know or he didn't file.

In my 20 plus years at ups, never seen a FT driver lose his job for nothing. And I live in a right to work state.

If you really think this, you have the weakest local or you don't know how to play the game at ups.

I dont know what the guy with the sign on his truck got fired for. I just know he was riding around the neighborhood with the sign on his truck. The other guy got a write up for not using his hand rail a few times. Don't know if he grieved it, I am sure he did, not sure he wouldn't. I am just telling u the things I see.

Jkloc420

Not true but okay. I've worked under great sups and a few terrible ones.

We have a contract for a reason. Ups just can't do what ever they want c

I don't know how long you have been at ups but they pretty much do what they want to. If they want you gone your gone. Union protection or not. I have seen them force people into retirement, I have seen people go to the state level panel and not get their jobs back because the union down there sides with ups. The union isn't has strong has people think. Will it has lost a lot of its power over the years.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I don't know how long you have been at ups but they pretty much do what they want to. If they want you gone your gone. Union protection or not. I have seen them force people into retirement, I have seen people go to the state level panel and not get their jobs back because the union down there sides with ups. The union isn't has strong has people think. Will it has lost a lot of its power over the years.
I can bet I've been here way longer than you.
Ups only does what you let them get away with

Get me a steward

This made me seriously laugh. I have on multiple occasions not only gonna into big arguments with on road supes... full time supes... but also managers and div managers. My manager 100% wants me gone and has wanted me gone for years. But every time those discharge hearings happen.... nothing happens LOL! Its funny I'll bet your that guy that does what ever management tells you to cause you're scared to lose this garbage job

Jkloc420

This made me seriously laugh. I have on multiple occasions not only gonna into big arguments with on road supes... full time supes... but also managers and div managers. My manager 100% wants me gone and has wanted me gone for years. But every time those discharge hearings happen.... nothing happens LOL! Its funny I'll bet your that guy that does what ever management tells you to cause you're scared to lose this garbage job

I don't understand gibberish. So let me get this straight. You made an account on a ups fourm just to say ups is a garbage job. Yet u don't want to quit but u have better prospects. Why go to all the trouble to post on here.

Get me a steward

I don't understand gibberish. So let me get this straight. You made an account on a ups fourm just to say ups is a garbage job. Yet u don't want to quit but u have better prospects. Why go to all the trouble to post on here.
Lol studying for my degree my boy. Think it's funny how all you dumbasses wasting your life.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Lol studying for my degree my boy. Think it's funny how all you dumbasses wasting your life.
If you communicate in the real world like you do here, it won't matter what degree you have. You'll be a failure at every turn because no one in any business will take you seriously.

You communicate like a deranged teenager.