Discipline and ORION ?

barnyard

KTM rider
We have been on Orion since May, I think they finished in June. I follow it until I can't. I am usually in the 90% range and usually under miles. The only time I am over is when we have late air meets or if there is an on call or running a misload. On calls are not figured into the miles.

My best day, I ran a couple of misloads and STILL came in under miles.

I have noticed that our allowances were jacked again. I am pretty much ALWAYS over allowed. This week, I am on a route that I used to come in -.50 to -1.0; now I am at +.5 every day. It is the same on every route that I have done. My times are all over 45 to an hour, compared to what they were preOrion.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Again upstate why do you disagree
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1442545710.769790.jpg

FilingBluesFL

The days that I can, I run ORION 100%. Those are usually the routes with very few or no pickups at all.

They were hard on my butt for a while, demanding to know why I was over on miles.

I always answer with a question, "Well, what was my ORION percentage?"

They come back with "You followed it 100%."

To which I reply, "Well then it's impossible for me to have gone over on miles, when I followed your system 100%, and it's the OPTIMAL delivery order I am to follow to minimize and reduce miles. So you must have done something wrong."

So then they say "Well, you're supposed to reduce miles while following ORION."

"Is not the purpose of ORION to plan our day for us to run it in the optimal order?"

"Yes, it is."

"And what percentage did I follow ORION?"

"You followed it 100%"

"OK, so then I reduced miles as your system prescribed me to, so I don't know what you did wrong when I followed your system in the prescribed order 100% of the time. I worked as instructed, and followed the order your system determined I should go in to reduce miles."

Drives them absolutely insane. And I love it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We just started the ORION phase in our Center and I've pretty much been ignoring it completely running the route the same way as RDO without any repercussions except a few remarks about miles until a few days ago they start pressing me hard about it so I run straight ORION all day regardless of how ridiculous it has me running and still come back 20 miles over projected miles at 81 miles for the day and I hear the center manager wanted to document me and apparently I'm gonna have a good " talking to" in the morning they seem to be ignoring the fact I ran 153 stops and still got back to the building under 9 hours on a route that averages 115 stops my question is what can they do if I'm running over on miles still? Write me up? suspend me ? Ect?

So they bitch at you for failing to hit 85%....and then when you do what they want and hit +85% they bitch at you for coming in over the projected miles.

In other words, no matter what you do it will be wrong. The beauty of this is that any disciplinary action they try to implement against you will be null and void. The phrase you need to remember is that you are "being given conflicting instructions" and there comes a point where such instructions constitute a violation of Art 37 which specifically prohibits over-supervision, coercion and harassment.