Disqualified?!

I’ll try to keep this as detailed as possible. Been in a feeder training for pretty much two weeks. Freight volume is high as well as people calling off and vacations. Instead of us doing more the the actual training, they had us doing tdp. Well yesterday was gonna be the supposed end.... few things happened I’m not gonna go into detail, but 2 minor things. Hugging a trailer to tight around 2 turns Didn’t damage anything at that as well. Then at a main intersection I was a good distance away. This semi pulls right out in front of us at a 4 lane drag and gets in the left lane, Then puts his blinker on and gets in the left turning lane! Which I seen him. I slowed down in time (wasn’t even close to hitting him) I honked the horn to signal i was behind the driver. (He thought I was doing it to piss the driver off) I said a few choice words. Which I know he didn’t like and he disqualified me Cause of this! I can re apply.... “but at this time we don’t need you” what I was told. Just a shock.. it felt every day I came home in the course of 2 weeks minus one day which I had a different trainer that day. But always pointing out every little flaw was a bit overwhelming every single day! Which I’ve got plenty of experience knowing how to drive. But anywho any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

UPSER1987

I’ll try to keep this as detailed as possible. Been in a feeder training for pretty much two weeks. Freight volume is high as well as people calling off and vacations. Instead of us doing more the the actual training, they had us doing tdp. Well yesterday was gonna be the supposed end.... few things happened I’m not gonna go into detail, but 2 minor things. Hugging a trailer to tight around 2 turns Didn’t damage anything at that as well. Then at a main intersection I was a good distance away. This semi pulls right out in front of us at a 4 lane drag and gets in the left lane, Then puts his blinker on and gets in the left turning lane! Which I seen him. I slowed down in time (wasn’t even close to hitting him) I honked the horn to signal i was behind the driver. (He thought I was doing it to piss the driver off) I said a few choice words. Which I know he didn’t like and he disqualified me Cause of this! I can re apply.... “but at this time we don’t need you” what I was told. Just a shock.. it felt every day I came home in the course of 2 weeks minus one day which I had a different trainer that day. But always pointing out every little flaw was a bit overwhelming every single day! Which I’ve got plenty of experience knowing how to drive. But anywho any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

You should go into detail. I’m sure that led to your departure.

quad decade guy

Do you work at UPS? Freight volume? Ok. Well, (just guessing)(by your post) that you drive aggressively, recklessly, and generally like someone UPS doesn't want driving for them. Guessing...

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Hugging a trailer to tight around 2 turns Didn’t damage anything at that as well.

I’ve got plenty of experience knowing how to drive.

You curbed or almost curbed twice in two weeks. You obviously aren’t that experienced, that’s rookie :censored2:. You’re lucky they gave you a second chance after the first one. At my hub, the first curb you hit is a DQ. Your trainer probably would have let that incident with the other driver slide if you didn’t already have 2 strikes against you. Better luck next time.

barnyard

KTM rider
You DQd yourself. It was stressed to me repeatedly that feeders are professionals above all else. Does not matter how others are driving, you should respond and react professionally. You did not, plus you clipped 2 curbs.

Next time, keep your mouth shut and pay attention to where you are in your lane.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Good

we don’t need another hot head on the road

JJinVA

I saw a guy training for his CDL. First day on the road he ran over a guard rail and blew up a tire not even 500 ft off property, did a u-turn, parked the truck. Short lived glory