Do you guys scan your pickups?

aiian

We were told not to scan individual pickups and end of days sometime last year and this week it has bit one of my customers in the ass.

An irreg NDA that I remember picking up and unloading just disappeared into thin air and naturally big UPS is telling them *we* never had it.

Naturally I'm the a*hole.

Never been told not to scan end of day Barcode but have been told not to scan Ars packages. I continued to scan them because I knew something like that would happen. They have never said anything to me about scanning them anyway. If I now it's something we should be doing and the sup pushes the issue I get a shop Stewart involved.

By The Book

We were told not to scan individual pickups and end of days sometime last year and this week it has bit one of my customers in the ass.

An irreg NDA that I remember picking up and unloading just disappeared into thin air and naturally big UPS is telling them *we* never had it.

Naturally I'm the a*hole.
We always scan end of day, and record next day air in coeval count a and record heavyweights,international,and high values in their respective fields. Sometimes the customers end of day is not ready or they can't get it to print which blows. On the training module we last did it said to enter prepaid pkgs.(pkgs. not on their end of day) as a pickup pkg. in the count but not to scan them. If a customer has an ars/ra pkg. at a delivery point the training module says to scan these pkgs. under special counts. I was wondering if any drivers scan these ars pkgs. at say ups stores or other drop off locations and does it help your allowance.

By The Book

The only packages we are allowed to scan are from letterboxes.
What do you do if you pick up a toner cartridge pkg. while you are delivering to a business? If you scan it under special counts ppd. Package it would show you needing to open the bulkhead to put the pkg. away so that would give you the time element for that. I think you are not getting that time element for these on area ppd. Pkgs. if you don't scan them.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We were told not to scan pkgs any more. Any ARS just add to a normal pick up count. Heck I don't scan end of days either. Just the count of boxes.

By The Book

When the next training module comes out, look for how to do it then. It may change to not scanning or require you to scan these pkgs. I'm trying to say you are losing time if you don't scan these ars. Pkgs. and then take the time to open the bulkhead and put the pkg. away, then start the car. When I say losing time I mean you are not getting paid for it.

Z

ZQXC

What do you do if you pick up a toner cartridge pkg. while you are delivering to a business? If you scan it under special counts ppd. Package it would show you needing to open the bulkhead to put the pkg. away so that would give you the time element for that. I think you are not getting that time element for these on area ppd. Pkgs. if you don't scan them.

My time on the check is not affected.....