Does July 4th holiday count as paid day for benefits

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have three picks of four are summer vacation and I've been full time for two years.

That young man is training so preserve your right to spew the :censored2: you spew here. He just wrote a check to government up to and including his life if necessary. Have some respect. Stay classy upstate.

I served 8 years in the military. Did you?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I fully understand why you did what you did. I have 2 kids and would do anything in the world for them.

I don't know that I would work through 5 weeks of vacation just so that my son could party in the Bahamas before going to Paris Island.

Good God...is there no end to your critiquing how other people live their lives or what they choose to do for their children? Good for you, OP. My brother's been a Marine for 16 years...and I remember how proud my Dad was the day we watched him march across the parade deck at his graduation from boot camp. And "Parris Island" is the Recruit Training Depot..."Paris" is in France...Spelling Police.

oldngray

nowhere special
Good God...is there no end to your critiquing how other people live their lives or what they choose to do for their children? Good for you, OP. My brother's been a Marine for 16 years...and I remember how proud my Dad was the day we watched him march across the parade deck at his graduation from boot camp. And "Parris Island" is the Recruit Training Depot..."Paris" is in France...Spelling Police.

You have to excuse him. He was just a zoomie. Almost as bad as a doggie.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Aw c'mon, Dave. I told you that you were the man a couple days ago.
images-32.jpeg
Did it involve this? lol

It's not like I'm not taking any time off. I'm taking a week off the week of July 4th. He didn't ask for the trip, it was my idea just to show him how proud I am of him. I just want to know if the July 4th paid holiday will count as the paid day for the week as far as the healthcare is concerned.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I applaud your intentions. Your son is a selfless young soon to be hero who is one thing that's great about this country. Working your vacation weeks per the contract should be declared in December or late November when vacation selection begins. They should be paid out no more than three weeks per the contract. Anything else and it's wrong and a violation of the contract. Our steward filed on just this and it is no longer able to happen in our local.

bl04a

Upstate, I didn't ask for your opinion or anybody else's for that matter. I just asked if July 4th would count as a paid day. I explained why I was asking because I thought it might make it easier to understand why I wanted to know. I don't care if you would do it or not! I did and I am happy to do it! By the way, my son didn't ask for this, it was my idea to show him how proud I am of him.
He and everyone else in any branch of the military are protecting our freedom with their lives. It's the least I could do. And yes, anyone who is serving and has served us a hero, even you Upstate! Thank you for your service.
By the way, the local called me today and July 4th will count as a paid day for benefits.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A hero to me is someone who saved a life.

Serving your country does not make you a hero. I served for 8 years and at no point did I consider myself a hero.

I personally think that you are a fool to do what you did. $4K for a week's worth of fun? Really??

bl04a

I personally don't care what you think, it's my money and it's the best money I ever spent! Also, 5 weeks vacation is about $ 5500 after taxes, not $ 4000. Enjoy your weekend!

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

$5,500??

You could have bought him a decent used car or put a hefty down payment on a new one for that kind of money. Instead you chose to waste it on a one week party.

With all due respect, you, sir, are a fool.

bl04a

Not that I owe an explanation but not all of the money went for the trip. I have two other sons, one older and one younger, I did some things for them too! Instead of calling someone that you don't know a fool, maybe you should just stick to answering questions posted on this site instead of using it as an avenue to force your arrogant, unwanted opinions down other people's throats!

Sent using BrownCafe App