Don't Let Depression Kill You; Let UPS Help

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Living up to your name again I see in your glass half empty world.
We could arrange a name change that you could live up to that would not always be in bad taste.
how about mellowman or banmeman?[/QU]

I think you have it backwards - I'm in the "glass half full" world as I push on through the pressures of life (and yes, I have many as everyone does). My issue is with those that use the "free pass" of depression or any other excuse to avoid "life". (I believe there's a country song that sums it up "Sounds Like Life To Me"!)

Last edited by a moderator:

satellitedriver

We could arrange a name change that you could live up to that would not always be in bad taste.
how about mellowman or banmeman?[/QU] TK,
you obviously have not lost a friend or loved one due to depression.

You have no glass to fill when you are full of yourself.

I think you have it backwards - I'm in the "glass half full" world as I push on through the pressures of life (and yes, I have many as everyone does). My issue is with those that use the "free pass" of depression or any other excuse to avoid "life". (I believe there's a country song that sums it up "Sounds Like Life To Me"!)

Omega man

If depression caused by working at UPS was the cause of one's demise, the current management would give the afflicted a warning letter postmortem.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Can't help myself. Here goes. Depression in most cases is nothing but a free pass to avoid the pressures of life. I would love to curl up in a blanket all day and hide. Job, wife and kids prevent that. Bring it on!
So basically you're saying that depressed people are just lazy?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depression/basics/definition/con-20032977

More than just a bout of the blues, depression isn't a weakness, nor is it something that you can simply "snap out" of. Depression is a chronic illness that usually requires long-term treatment, like diabetes or high blood pressure.

Maybe you are just trying to be funny but depression is about as funny as a heart attack. Google depression and see what the medical pros and universities have to say.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
how about mellowman or banmeman?

Perhaps once you're old enough to drive, you can sit sat the adult table. In the mean time, go back to your coloring book.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Perhaps once you're old enough to drive, you can sit sat the adult table. In the mean time, go back to your coloring book.
That doesn't make any sense..............

I was thinking along the same lines as fxdwg so let me try.

You come across as a young person who has very little or no experience (or recognition) of the frailty of the human body and the human mind.
When a person becomes sick, in either scenario, it is not something they chose and often something they have any control over in dealing with to bring themselves back to where they were before they were afflicted.
When you grow up a little and life has given you teh chance to observe or perhaps even experience these things, hopefully you will be a bit more insightful and empathetic.

Reading the comments from threadkiller and the replies makes think of many other discussions I've read on here but with another "knowitallposter"...hmmmmmmmmm

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Can't help myself. Here goes. Depression in most cases is nothing but a free pass to avoid the pressures of life. I would love to curl up in a blanket all day and hide. Job, wife and kids prevent that. Bring it on!
Im not going to rep you. I used to think the same way.
Yes if you are depressed about a loss, such as a divorce or an illness, or a death, that is normal, and exercise aka physical activity and eating the correct foods, will help you shake it off. Clinical depression, chemical imbalance cannot be shaken off.

Big Babooba

I would love to meet you face to face. It's easy to open your pie hole and spew forth your bull****. I've been there. Don't pass judgment if you haven't experienced it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Originally Posted by threadkiller
"Can't help myself. Here goes. Depression in most cases is nothing but a free pass to avoid the pressures of life. I would love to curl up in a blanket all day and hide. Job, wife and kids prevent that. Bring it on!"

Where have i heard this before ??? Oh Yeah.....Tom Cruise to Brooke Shields...

So, you are either Tom Cruise or a nutty Scientologist.