Doomsday Clock

vantexan

I don't understand you. You want one or no? It would be helpful to everyone so we can engage or ignore you. You're like a seesaw on meth.

What's to understand? Just keeping a day by day score so that maybe you guys that keep screaming union will decide to actually do something. I've made it clear that if a union rep shows up I'll gladly sign a card. I don't believe we have a snowball's chance until a union is involved and I don't see them stepping up. You guys think you can make it happen but it looks like a bunch of talk from this viewpoint. People can talk about what they are doing, actually doing not contacting unions, without naming your location, but all I see is talk about contacting unions. I actually talked openly about joining a union back in 2009-2010. Told people what was involved with dues, the advantages of having representation, how badly we needed protection from management. Then the Republicans captured the House, the FAA bill was passed without the NLRA language, and the Teamsters disappeared. I've been here a lot longer than you, was excited about the possibilities when it seemed we had a chance, and now really don't give a damn. I'm at the age where I'm now having to help with my elderly mother and I'm taking 10 pills a day for my own health issues. So I have concerns other than a long shot effort to force FedEx into doing right by us. They have dumbed this job down from the kick ass job it was years ago and I suspect many of the newhires are fine with the pay for what is now required of them. Eventually those of us who remember the old days and are justifiably pissed about getting screwed out of good pay and decent pensions will all be gone. Even MFE will be 70 someday and not give a damn. So take potshots all you want, it's easy to attack the Republican who is more concerned about the country's direction than the company's. I don't care. By the way, gas prices are about to go up. The EPA is adding new taxes per gallon. That has a direct effect on FedEx and will make it that much harder to get raises out of them.