DUI

Gone fishin

So when you tattle on someone for texting, what do you expect your boss to do?
I don’t , I don’t care. I’m saying drunk driving is as dangerous as texting and driving. People were being hard on drunk drivers making a mistake. They are both equally bad

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I don’t , I don’t care. I’m saying drunk driving is as dangerous as texting and driving. People were being hard on drunk drivers making a mistake. They are both equally bad
No they aren't. A person texting isn't paying attention while he has his phone. He can put his phone down at will and be a normal driver. A drunk can't do such a thing.

One is a distraction, the other is a state of being.

rod

Retired 22 years
No they aren't. A person texting isn't paying attention while he has his phone. He can put his phone down at will and be a normal driver. A drunk can't do such a thing.

Unfortunately there are many more "distracted drivers " on the roads now days than there are drunks.

rod

Retired 22 years
The newer vehicles MAKE you a distracted driver just by forcing you to use a touch screen to make any temperature or radio adjustments or a dozen other things. My last Silverado would randomly post a message that said something like "distracted driving is dangerous--keep your eyes on the road"---but to get rid of that message you had to take your eyes off the road to delete that message . It stayed on there until you touched the " Agreed" icon.

Gone fishin

While their head is down the collision happens. Their the same

Gone fishin

Just ask the guy who was driving the big box truck a couple months ago who totaled out my wife's 2019 Ford Edge and 4 other cars while we were stopped at a red light. .
Exactly , they could be drunk or texting. My friend had a head on collision with a high school girl texting , ran off the road , over corrected. Killed her 2 passengers. Don’t tell me about the difference. There is none

pkgdriver

Didnt the NHTSA say a texting driver is like five times more likely to have an accident than an intoxicated driver?

Last edited: