DUI

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
This may sound corny but, the one night I drove drunk I prayed to God that if he got me home safely without hurting anyone or myself and without being pulled over, I’d never drive drunk again. He made it happen and I kept my promise. I was 19 then.
Not corny at all. I never feared driving drunk, I felt I could drive fine, which is BS, but the cops didn’t bust your chops unless you were completely blitzed. I honestly don’t know how I survived.

Gone fishin

Once? I drove drunk most nights, right after work. Not proud of it, I never do it anymore.
The point I was making was I just didn’t think driving jobs should be lost over a mistake. Two beers at dinner , other professions don’t lose their jobs. It’s really not that deep , we’ve all made mistakes. I’m like you , in my youth, haven’t in 20 years

UnionStrong

The point I was making was I just didn’t think driving jobs should be lost over a mistake. Two beers at dinner , other professions don’t lose their jobs. It’s really not that deep , we’ve all made mistakes. I’m like you , in my youth, haven’t in 20 years
No one lost their jobs where I worked. They put them inside until they got their license back.

UnionStrong

That should be the way or the courts let you drive only at work
They do make provisions to drive to work, but if you have a job that requires driving on public roads, that’s probably not happening. Be thankful you’re a Teamster. Eff the rest. Lol

Gone fishin

This may sound corny but, the one night I drove drunk I prayed to God that if he got me home safely without hurting anyone or myself and without being pulled over, I’d never drive drunk again. He made it happen and I kept my promise. I was 19 then.
Yep , we’ve all been there. You didn’t get caught and punished , yet someone did and got fired. No ones perfect , texting or drunk driving

FedupExpress

I remember a year or two ago they found a tall can in a trash can and they made a scene. I don't know what happened with that though .
I know for a fact there's a bunch of drivers coming and in and running their routes smoking doobies etc.

Artee

Gal I worked with got a DUI.
was suspended from courier for a year, demoted to CSA but kept her job. She is now back as courier.
And thats exactly how it works. Back in the day it was three years out of a driving position. Nowadays its one year away from a driving position and working at the Ramp or station as a handler or CSA, etc...