DoT Card Renewal

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by EmraldArcher, Aug 7, 2013.

1. EmraldArcher

EmraldArcher Member

My DoT card expires in the near future and every place I call wants like $100 for a physical and doesn't accept insurance. I'm positive I paid little or nothing out of pocket when I originally got my card. Does UPS pay for this if I go to certain doctors or something?

I'll talk to one of my on-road supervisors next time I see them but I have today off and was hoping to get it done.

2. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Company pays.
    Pull the forms for MD to complete from UPSers.com.

3. EmraldArcher

EmraldArcher Member

Ah so I can bring the forms to any Doctor and UPS will just reimburse them?

​Thanks!

4. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

No.
    Go to UPSERS.
    When you pull the paperwork from UPSERS - it will give you a list of MDs.
    Follow directions and make your appointment.

5. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I always had UPS call and schedule appt for physical. UPS had an arrangement with Urgent Care to do them. I would just need to pick up the paperwork from clerk at UPS and take with me. Urgent Care would mail them back to UPS afterwards. I never saw any bills about it.

6. EmraldArcher

EmraldArcher Member

Well I went to UPSers.com and it says paperwork has to be printed out at a UPS facility now, lame. Thanks for the help.

7. serenity now

serenity now Guest

Just went through this * You can complete everything on your home computer and save it but can't print the forms like in the past * Got to go to the center to do that; one more way of screwing with us

8. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Your kidding?
    Geez.
    Why then do they make such a fuss about going to the HR services on UPSers?
    Stupid if you ask me.

(someone, ask me, plz)

9. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

I go to my personal doctor for my yearly physical and he does my DOT then. Doesn't cost anything extra and I get blood work done. Two birds with one stone.

10. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

At express we are paid on the clock to get our card, I would assume it's the same at ups. No reason to do it on your own time when you get paid.

11. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Nope.

12. cachsux

cachsux Wah

"Stupid is as .........?"

[​IMG]

13. uber

uber Guest

Wow, that almost makes me wanna work at express. Almost.

14. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Probably about as much as I want to work at Ground.

15. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

I just laught at the hearing test. What? Sitting in that tiny little booth. It's like the Gemini space capsule. I just push the button every few seconds. Works every time. I can't read the bottom line anymore on the eye chart. I'm going blind.

16. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Lol, me too. So I read the 3rd line above that and she says "Don't worry, you still see better than most".
    ​Great, most drivers are blind....

17. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

my hearing test would just be a nurse (or more likely an aide) standing behind me whispering "can you hear me now?"

18. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Got mine the other day, what a freaking joke. Turn my head, and cover my ear, she says a number...................duh.
    Good thing I know I am in good health..............I was worried about my bp being up, but according to them it was 130/80.
    Then they said I needed to see my family physician about x,y,z. Oh you dont have one? Well we just happen to have a whole slew of them. Everything is a racket anymore.......

19. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Am I the only one whos doctor requires a hernia check. Man I wish he would warm his hands first.

20. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Is it normal for this procedure to be video taped?
    Last one I had, the dr wanted to know if i was ok with that.