Driver carjacked in Boston.

PT Car Washer

I remember driving an old P600, you could turn off the key for a second or two and turn it back on and that sucker would backfire that sounded like a cannon going off. Scared plenty of kids walking down the roadside with that.
Did that inside the building one evening. Sups came running out of the offices to see what happened. With electric fuel pumps you can't do this anymore.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I remember driving an old P600, you could turn off the key for a second or two and turn it back on and that sucker would backfire that sounded like a cannon going off. Scared plenty of kids walking down the roadside with that.
I had to drive a shuttle vehicle like this (Baba Gounj knows more than I do)...it was a '70 GMC, that's all I remember

Anyway, I backfired that sucker inside the building once and it was right in front of the Division and CTR manager ...they actually pulled me aside into the office for it!

rod

Retired 22 years
Did that inside the building one evening. Sups came running out of the offices to see what happened. With electric fuel pumps you can't do this anymore.

Our mechanic got PO'ed at me for doing that and blowing the muffler apart at the seams. Up until that one time I had done it dozens of times without any damage. I guess the old muffler just couldn't stand it anymore.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I blew a big hole in the muffler doing the same thing
Mechanic supe had said muffler sitting on bosses desk next morning
Boss: you know anything about this
Me: nope no idea
Boss: we all know what happened here
Me: ya got anything else because if not I need to go to work
Boss: get your ass to work

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I had to drive a shuttle vehicle like this (Baba Gounj knows more than I do)...it was a '70 GMC, that's all I remember

Anyway, I backfired that sucker inside the building once and it was right in front of the Division and CTR manager ...they actually pulled me aside into the office for it!
The Customer Counter Car was always the next thing that should have been crushed . We had many over the years
The CC is just around the corner from the main building and it made that trip mostly twice , during peak maybe three times a day.
Always less than a mile a day.
The one Sleeve drove had a manual choke , something he had never used before . He'd go about a foot and die and go about another foot and die .

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
An ideal UW fundraiser would be to put a package car headed to the scrapper in the middle of the parking lot and let employees smash the hell out of it with a sledgehammer in return for their donation.
My favorite is the softball, water dunk tank. Make a donation, get a chance to dunk an OC, the center manager, or even the district manager.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
10961something???Jesus someone still uses those old dinosaurs! Dear God let em have that old POS!

I know a lot of the antiques in our building that get sent to NYC. Makes sense if you think about it. They drive very few miles in big towns like those, poor streets, more likely to get hit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know a lot of the antiques in our building that get sent to NYC. Makes sense if you think about it. They drive very few miles in big towns like those, poor streets, more likely to get hit.

We sent one of our antiques to Albany to use at their driver school. They ripped out the bulkhead door and shelves and added bench seats.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The Customer Counter Car was always the next thing that should have been crushed . We had many over the years
The CC is just around the corner from the main building and it made that trip mostly twice , during peak maybe three times a day.
Always less than a mile a day.
The one Sleeve drove had a manual choke , something he had never used before . He'd go about a foot and die and go about another foot and die .
Is that why we have a pup over there now???

NXA

I blew a big hole in the muffler doing the same thing
Mechanic supe had said muffler sitting on bosses desk next morning
Boss: you know anything about this
Me: nope no idea
Boss: we all know what happened here
Me: ya got anything else because if not I need to go to work
Boss: get your ass to work
LOL, i should know better than to read BC at church.