Driver release

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Whatbrownwontdoforyou, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Whatbrownwontdoforyou Well-Known Member

I am in a metro area with a lot of apt bldgs......we are all being instructed to leave all pkgs at mailboxes as 1 stop.....any opinions on this and is it happening anywhere else?

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

tZOS8.gif The title of this thread....is misleading.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. porkwagon

porkwagon Active Member

My opinion is that you misunderstood instructions.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Per our corporate Diad training done on your Diad board, you may not leave pkgs for an apt in a common area by the mailbox.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Yeah,that never happens.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I know what the corporate training says.....I read it 100 times when we all were instructed to do it.....read it to management and Lp they said it was ok to do it

7. Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Brought it up to union.....they said it's there company we have to work as instructed

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I agree with porkwagon----while I agree that we are to work as instructed, I think you may have misunderstood the instructions.

9. UpstateNYUPSer

Only to the simpleminded.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

It was a joke...go buy a sense of humor, oh and maybe a sex life too. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Why so serious

Why so serious Active Member

Don't do it. Driver release to customer unless signature required or not in one and try again tomorrow.

12. Whatbrownwontdoforyou

In pcm the message from the dm and center manager with 50 guys there driver release apt bldgs as 1 stop on the ground floor by mailboxes....we all questioned the training they said that's what we want you to do.......shop steward then went to Lp and the union they said we have to do as the dm and center manager say........I just found that odd.....didn't know if it was across the whole country or not.......also dm and center manager said we will not be disiplined for following there instruction

13. Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Also in same Pcm we were told even when coming in contact with a resi customer not to get a signature

14. UpstateNYUPSer

You needed a PCM to tell you this?

15. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Work as directed. What difference does it make what the rest of the country is doing??

Eventually, there will be enough stolen packages that you will have to go back to the methods. Until then, you should work as directed.

16. Only to ruin your time credit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

So you just dump a pile and let the residents figure it out? Sounds like a good plan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Depends on where you deliver. In bad areas you get a sig whenever you reasonably can.

19. Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Yes...I always got signatures in those situations

20. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Yesterday, I had 2 buildings, 1 office. I went to both buildings, rang every apartment, left a DR notice by the mailboxes and took the packages to the office. It was 12 stops and took over 20 minutes to do. The office will not sign unless we attempt every apartment. While they may not know, I would hate to burn that bridge and have them refuse to sign for any.

Anyways of those 12 stops, 8 were Amazon. Amazon is demanding lower and lower shipping bills, I wonder if this is going to be the next step for them.