Driver Sup left for "special assignment" in Jersey

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Definitely not the same place...Anyone who'd say that has obviously never spent much time in either one.....just sayin...lol.

Newark is a blight all on itself. We have areas where no driver is allowed in. The center has a map with big red areas- no mans land.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Definitely not the same place...Anyone who'd say that has obviously never spent much time in either one.....just sayin...lol.

I haven't but NYC's on my bucket list :). I've been through Newark and JFK airports many times, but only ventured into the city once, when our flight to Newark was whacked and we were flown into LaGuardia instead & given a cab voucher to Newark to meet our connecting flight. All I can remember is the guy going like 70 through the Holland Tunnel ... honestly, it was among the most fear I've ever felt. But come to think about it, we weren't passing anybody...

johnups

Probably coming to Maspeth bldg, UPS starting firing drivers from strike on Feb 26 tonight.figure!! Let the driver pull their load then fire them. Total SC-UMBAGS we work for.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Newark is a blight all on itself. We have areas where no driver is allowed in. The center has a map with big red areas- no mans land.

I always referred to Newark being the armpit of America. Late 90's and early in the millennium it was the murder capital of the US; far outdistancing NYC.

It may not be far distance-wise but it is light years behind in every other aspect.

Sent using BrownCafe App

You seem to dislike NJ in every way. I've noticed you rag on NJ almost every chance you get. Once you get into Hunterdon and Warren counties, it's pretty much all farm land and half million dollar homes. It's nice rolling hills out there.

Island

Doesn't NYC's NFL teams play in NJ? Newark, New York, same place...
In reference, the Dallas Cowboys don't play in Dallas, and Dallas has nothing but wide open space for sports stadiums. NY has no space to speak of, so of course their teams aren't actually in NYC.

I am very interested in hearing about other management reassignment to NY/NJ. If the company swarms 804 with management and attempts to use mgmt to deliver as they fire the infamous Maspeth 250, I wonder if their evidently weak local will do anything about it

Last edited: