upserfighter

The SAP determines. He has completed everything and is waiting on word for one final drug test. When he passes, they contact UPS co. and arrange phone call

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Hi guys,

So my friend was recently terminated after an employee claimed to observe him drinking alcohol. The coworker also stated that he had said something about beers in the vehicle. The coworker of course reported what he claims he had seen to management. My buddy says that when management called him, they weren't having it. They stated that they *knew* he was drinking and that he would be fired. They called the police and told them he was "drunk" and "intoxicated". Now, here's where it gets interesting. When the police showed up, they put him through a field sobriety test. He passed (of course) because he wasn't drunk. They searched the PC to find beers. They searched his clothes and bag. No beers. No evidence of alcohol or drugs. When he called the Sup. back, the Sup said he would have to go to the hospital to get a blood alcohol test (I've never seen or heard of this before). He went to the hospital and, of course, came back negative. However, he did not take a drug test. Sup. wanted him to take a "drug and alcohol test". He, not knowing what he was doing, apparently took only the drug test. When I googled this, it says there are several urine tests that test for both blood and alcohol, but for some reason the hospital couldn't do this test and instead had two separate tests. One blood alcohol. One urine drug panel. He took the alcohol test and left. When he goes in the next day, he's fired. Pack your :censored2: and leave. "Violation of UPS Drug and Alcohol Policy."

At the local hearing, he told management multiple times that he was not drunk and wasn't drinking. He says he never used drugs and asked if they had reasonable cause to require the separate drug test. He decided to fight the case at the Panel. When he went to the Panel, his BA told him it was done. He can go to treatment and get his job back or that's it. No opportunity to fight it. No chance to have his word heard.

Is this legit? This seems super fishy and, I like my friend a lot but I don't know what to believe. If the test came back negative, how can they make him do this? Does my friend need a lawyer?
Myodb

upserfighter

I think there is more to this story than being told. These events don’t happen randomly.
A coworker thought he saw an alcoholic beverage and reported it. It was not.

Attachments

• heineken_pilsener_24_blik_33cl_1.jpg
    heineken_pilsener_24_blik_33cl_1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 81UITv4OpWL._SL1500_.jpg
    81UITv4OpWL._SL1500_.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 144

upserfighter

If he files a lawsuit, he believes he will be able to compel UPS to identify who complained on him, and he thinks if he is questioned in court, he will be found to be lying. If you look at the two Heineken products, they are virtually indistinguishable, but only one is an alcoholic beverage