Drivers- Best Shoes

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I have 4 pairs of shoes I rotate through. I have my Nike Air Monarchs, Nike ACG Boots, Reeboks...I don't know what...they're all black...haha...and some Adidas Sambas. Only one of these fits their current qualifications of uniform work shoes. Which is kind of amusing to me...When I was hired, they said to think of myself as an athlete and to treat my feet like an athlete would. I've checked the feet of many an athlete and only soldiers wear boots. And that's in intake training and combat maneuvers. Other than that...cross trainers. I know my feet and ankles better than any safety committee or managerial safety person. I have injured my ankles and broken the tarsal bones on my feet more with boots than the cross trainers. In 18 years, I've tried Danner's (really good boots...still broke a tarsal bone and twisted my ankle in those)Red Wings (ankles), White's (an expensive lesson) and now the Nike ACG boots (so far so good). Time's I've injured myself in the cross trainers? None. Oddly enough when my ankle is allowed to bend a little I have a chance to correct myself and collapse before sprains occur. In boots my ankle is stuck in one position and sprains almost immediately. Just my experience.

watdaflock?

I have injured my ankles and broken the tarsal bones on my feet more with boots than the cross trainers.

Oddly enough when my ankle is allowed to bend a little I have a chance to correct myself and collapse before sprains occur. In boots my ankle is stuck in one position and sprains almost immediately. Just my experience

Your feet/ankles appreciate the (more) zero-drop heel.

Work boots with those higher heels are horrible, especially if you're walking across uneven ground.
If your heel is farther from the ground theirs a better chance to sprain or twist your ankle if you lose your step/balance.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Your feet/ankles appreciate the (more) zero-drop heel.

Work boots with those higher heels are horrible, especially if you're walking across uneven ground.
If your heel is farther from the ground theirs a better chance to sprain or twist your ankle if you lose your step/balance.

Lets see if anyone disagrees with the above statement about work boots and their heels.

Earth Shoes FTMFW.

oldngray

nowhere special
Austin has good fashion sense in his shoes

fcsbat_0068.jpg