Drivers not being able to sleep well at night (Off Topic Welcomed)

Orion inc.

I like turtles
My family knew nothing about what I did at UPS other than the fact I worked there.
When I got transferred to Corporate, my wife did not know for 2 years and that was only because I had to go to Europe for a month.
I never fretted over things ... I just worked on fixing things.

I never bring any of it home. My wife has enough on her plate and has to bring home her corporate life all the time.

No need for both of us to bring work issues home.

If something crazy happens, I tell her but 99.9% of the time, I leave it at the door.

It all balances out that way I've learned

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I imagine that there were nights when he tossed and turned thinking about what he could have done differently or perhaps handled a situation differently.

Hourlies say that they leave it at work once they punch out but if they were really being honest with us (and themselves) I'd bet that many would say the same.
I've had a couple DR's back in the day that I would think about lying in bed, stressing about my decision to leave that huge pottery barn box. It's inevitable.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My wife and kids had no idea what went on. That's just how I wanted it walked in the door at night and everybody was glad to see me kiss the wife and hug the kids and the day was forgotten

El Correcto

god is dead
Sometimes I stress out about wasting ups's 10 dollars for diesel going over on my miles making service to customers. Keeps me up crying late into the night.

10 point

Why? What exactly does it accomplish bringing it home?

Think about the difficult work situation while at work so as to learn from it and be better for it.

But don't bring that crap home into your outside life.

That's how you make it.
Accrued mind control. That's what this is.
The guy that doesn't take it home gets paid the same as the ones that dump it on their family and let it control their whole mindset off work. Those are the ones on BC the majority of the day.

Overpaid Union Thug

I just don't see what the big deal is. This job is easy and totally stress free as long as we do it correctly. Report any foreseeable issues like potential service failures to management. Have a witness each time. Don't speed or take any other shortcuts trying to make things happen that otherwise wouldn't be possible.

If given a difficult or impossible tasks just do the job like we all know it should be done and the consequences will fall in the lapse of the supervisors who you warned about those service failures. When they come after you for not "performing" just play it cool and remind them that they were given notice about possible service failures, or that you had too much work, and if they keep pursuing the matter file on it. There is no need to argue and get hostile. Just play it cool and keep doing what we are supposed to do.

Dr.Brownz

First they start with management and then management trains the driver ... a vicious cycle.

Yep exactly. And the guys at the bottom of management do not tell their bosses what they don't want to hear. So then the report and number fudging begins and the guys at the top believe everything is rosy because "look how good these numbers look"

Last edited by a moderator: