Drivers not scanning on pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
We are supposed to scan all packages at an on call pickup.
You should know that policies seem to very from center to center. Your management team may have directed you to scan all OCA. However, my management team has directed us to only scan ARS and prepaid walk ups. This is the problem with UPS. Procedures seem to vary from center to center.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
He paid the $10 for an on call pickup. Our driver is supposed to scan all of the packages at an on call pickup----that is the method.

Not at our center; we were instructed by mgmt. to only scan pkgs. at a drop box, and a walk-up prepaid.

Furthermore, an on call pickup was specifically mentioned as a case where we do not scan.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not my problem. Thus is NOT what Brown Cafe is here for.

99.44% of the time I would agree with you.

This is one time that I am glad that the customer chose to register and ask his/her question as the responses that he received show that a lot of us are not doing the job the way that we are supposed to.

It is very simple. Knock on the door, accept and scan the package, close out the pickup.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

This is one time that I am glad that the customer chose to register and ask his/her question as the responses that he received show that a lot of us are not doing the job the way that we are supposed to.

It is very simple. Knock on the door, accept and scan the package, close out the pickup.
Let's see, if my management team's instructions are different than your management team's instructions, I am not doing my job? Your management team can't call me on the carpet but mine will. Guess who's directives I am going to follow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your management team needs to review their policies as they are doing their on-call customers a disservice.

You are not going to get called on the carpet for scanning a letter at an on call.

You will get called for scanning 500 ground packages at a daily P/U stop.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

depends on the area Dave. Management gives different instructions per center.

Not everyone is in the BOG.

TTKU

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Your management team needs to review their policies as they are doing their on-call customers a disservice.

You are not going to get called on the carpet for scanning a letter at an on call.

You will get called for scanning 500 ground packages at a daily P/U stop.
that might not be true. Some big accounts have it in their agreement that we will scan all packages at pick up even if it's 500 ground or so.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Are you telling me that your feeder guys stand there and scan 500+ pacakges? Yeah, I don't think so.

Thanks for playing.
yes they do when it's a million plus account and that's what the customer has in their shipping contract. You best believe it. Or if we don't, they switch to fedex.

Listen, I know you work in a 30 route center but in the big centers with actual real big pick ups, it's a reality. I have two huge pick ups and one of them we have to scan every one due to loss and theft. And that came down from the account rep and the DM.

It's really amazing how little you know. You think you're a big fish in your little pond of a small center. Yet if you had to work in a big center, your crap would have gotten you fired from ups years ago.

MendozaJ

From my experience, this comes up as ODPU on the board for which you enter an ETA, and remains until you've completed the stop.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Monkey Butt, help me out on this , but doesnt it cost ups over 4 bucks each scan?

Status
Not open for further replies.