Drivers on salary

dcdriver

nations capital
My ctr seems to have more and more drivers on salary now a days. Drivers punch out at cutoff 9.5 everyday the same time now matter what kind of dispatch they how. WTF

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Are you saying they punch out at 9.5 and go home, or are you saying they keep on working off the clock? IF they work till they punch out, that mirrors much of the rest of the country. But that makes them hourly workers.

If they work longer hours than they are getting paid, that is what someone on salary would do. They work the hours, and the pay remains the same. If that is what you are posting, it is against the law. I have seen some drivers punch out an hour or more before they return to the building. Not only is it illegal, but you can and will get fired for it when UPS decides its the right time.

d

I have seen some drivers punch out an hour or more before they return to the building. Not only is it illegal, but you can and will get fired for it when UPS decides its the right time.

d

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhhahahaahahahahahhahhaahahahah. Yeah, right.

My ctr seems to have more and more drivers on salary now a days. Drivers punch out at cutoff 9.5 everyday the same time now matter what kind of dispatch they how. WTF
How bout a few more details? Are the "salary" drivers finished with their work? If they finish earlier than 9.5 do they go home and still get paid 9.5?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahahahhaahahahhhahahaahahahahahhahhaahahahah. Yeah, right.
Care to elaborate?

d

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wish dcdriver would elaborate on his OP so that we could have more to base our posts on.

d, I will admit that I did what you spoke of one time. I punched out on the road so as not to go over 9.5 I was 10 minutes from the center and was less concerned about the $$ and more concerned about what would be said if I had gone over.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Upstate

You are not the neutered kitty, that is for sure. It took a lot of courage to post that. I am sure others will blast you for the post, but I find it a refreshingly honest post.

There are a lot of other drivers, if the truth were known, that do what you did on a regular basis. I represented one shortly before I left. UPS went real easy on him. Verbal warning. But had they wanted, they could have fired him for dishonesty for falsifying a time card. And it would have stuck. It did not matter that he did not steal time.........

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes I think we have all done it, I know I have, but wont anymore. Im too senior to give my time away. if thats how long it took then yell at me, but pay me. Because thats how the day went, and I skimmed everything I could. And it was an honest days work for my pay, I dont care anymore what it says, cause I know It is not me.

What makes you think that you are limited to 3 a month?

Your right it's 10% but I'm not going down that road. It's going pretty good in my barn right now but anyone in the central region is more than welcome to push that envelope. There has been a decision already on this and it's a teamster winner.

rod

Retired 22 years
I wish dcdriver would elaborate on his OP so that we could have more to base our posts on.

d, I will admit that I did what you spoke of one time. I punched out on the road so as not to go over 9.5 I was 10 minutes from the center and was less concerned about the $$ and more concerned about what would be said if I had gone over.

10 minutes to the building
5 minutes to fill up and park your truck ( if there wasn't a line at the pumps)
5 minutes to check out

How many brownie points does one get now days for 20 minutes of working off the clock in the evening? Isn't starting early off the clock to go through your load in the morning enough?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We have the same idiots at our center that work half an hour off the clock each morning sorting thier trucks, skip thier lunch and punch out before they get back to the building to avoid going over 9.5 . They are also the first to complain about being sent out so heavy every day

tracker2762

If these drivers were getting bonus, they would actually still be getting paid for punching out early. Still don't understand the reason for doing this, except as upstate pointed out. That is to be off the clock by 9.5.