Early Retirement.

NC man

A co-worker retired about six years ago. He then went to work for an auto parts dealer delivering part-time, saw him last week and he's working over 40 hours a week now, only benny he gets is 401K match. Dude is 72 years old. That's just sad.
Maybe he likes getting out of the house and enjoys it or does he need to work? My daughter worked with a woman who is 83 and she enjoys it vs sitting at home bored,part time.

Lates

You’re not wrong. But I don’t care. I’ll pay the 20% withholding and 10% penalty. If I had to worry about bumping me into the next bracket I’d have a job that was serious enough to not be leaving due to my well compensation.
If you are comfortable with it go ahead when I cashed mine out it put me paying more taxes if I had made 500 less that year it would have saved me several thousand.

Serf

Initiated my retirement process yesterday. Last day in 4 weeks. Lump sum check from PPA being wired 1 SEP. It’s a little
bittersweet because I actually thought I’d make it to 25 yrs. Just too much uncertainty.

bacha29

Initiated my retirement process yesterday. Last day in 4 weeks. Lump sum check from PPA being wired 1 SEP. It’s a little
bittersweet because I actually thought I’d make it to 25 yrs. Just too much uncertainty.
A friend of mine who was seriously injured in an industrial accident in his early 60's summed it up best. "If from an economic perspective you can retire.....retire....because you never know how good your health is going to be or how long you'll have your good health".

Retirement can be difficult for those with strong work ethics and know that there is still plenty of productive contribution left in them and believe that they have an obligation to bring it back into the economy. They need only to remember that not long ago employers used every trick in the book along with some that weren't to get rid of the older worker, replace them with something younger and cheaper and today are bawling their eyes out about the fact that nobody's willing to work for them. Is there any wonder after people saw what they do to their most dedicated longest serving employees?

After being out of the workforce for nearly 8 years but still healthy and vibrant my approach to going back to work is very simple.

It somebody wants me....they know where they can find me.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
A friend of mine who was seriously injured in an industrial accident in his early 60's summed it up best. "If from an economic perspective you can retire.....retire....because you never know how good your health is going to be or how long you'll have your good health".

Retirement can be difficult for those with strong work ethics and know that there is still plenty of productive contribution left in them and believe that they have an obligation to bring it back into the economy. They need only to remember that not long ago employers used every trick in the book along with some that weren't to get rid of the older worker, replace them with something younger and cheaper and today are bawling their eyes out about the fact that nobody's willing to work for them. Is there any wonder after people saw what they do to their most dedicated longest serving employees?

After being out of the workforce for nearly 8 years but still healthy and vibrant my approach to going back to work is very simple.

No one’s looking for you, trust me.

bacha29

No one’s looking for you, trust me.
A clear testament to your own ignorance. In 19 more days we're going to see just how "strong" you union guys are. We'll see if your tough talking union president has the stomach for a long protracted strike or if he rolls over like Rover then sits up and begs his United Parcel masters for a treat.

And even if you strong as tissue paper Teamsters do walk you won't be out 3 days until the UPS counter measures hits you people right smack in the face and you start pressuring O'Brien to settle for whatever face saving deal he can get.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
A clear testament to your own ignorance. In 19 more days we're going to see just how "strong" you union guys are. We'll see if your tough talking union president has the stomach for a long protracted strike or if he rolls over like Rover then sits up and begs his United Parcel masters for a treat.

And even if you strong as tissue paper Teamsters do walk you won't be out 3 days until the UPS counter measures hits you people right smack in the face and you start pressuring O'Brien to settle for whatever face saving deal he can get.
Jealous little man? Too bad you didn’t have a union. How’s that working out? 🤣

Mutineer

I've known a few too many people who retired, and woke up dead within a couple years.

Those were the people who retired, and sat down. Work was their purpose in life and they didn't have ANY hobbies or interests to pursue.

bacha29

Jealous little man? Too bad you didn’t have a union. How’s that working out? 🤣
No at all. Why? Because like I said before. When it comes down to a battle between the will of a labor union and the will of a nation, as history has proven again and again.....the nation always wins.

As was noted in an earlier post the American people simply do not give a flying facial fornication about the well being of a bunch of cry baby truck drivers who are already receiving a compensation package well above what their education and skill level would earn them in just about every other economic sector.

Nothing comes for free. Now you brown shirt truck drivers might in the end get what you want but it will come at a price and the nation is waiting to see if you people truly are willing to pay that price.

You might be able to inflict a small and short term inconvenience on the buying public but Amazon, Walmart, Rural King, Fedex USPS and the discounters will go about their daily conduct of business like you never even existed.

Thebrownblob

More words of wisdom from the worlds strongest union supporter Lol

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No at all. Why? Because like I said before. When it comes down to a battle between the will of a labor union and the will of a nation, as history has proven again and again.....the nation always wins.

As was noted in an earlier post the American people simply do not give a flying facial fornication about the well being of a bunch of cry baby truck drivers who are already receiving a compensation package well above what their education and skill level would earn them in just about every other economic sector.

Nothing comes for free. Now you brown shirt truck drivers might in the end get what you want but it will come at a price and the nation is waiting to see if you people truly are willing to pay that price.

You might be able to inflict a small and short term inconvenience on the buying public but Amazon, Walmart, Rural King, Fedex USPS and the discounters will go about their daily conduct of business like you never even existed.
download.png

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Ok. then I challenge you to come up with better content. You're like several others on here. You have nothing to offer other than condemnation and ridicule of those who are trying to produce interesting and informative content.

I understand that liars repeat their lies until either they believe it, or they think someone else does.

Are you in that category???

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I've known a few too many people who retired, and woke up dead within a couple years.

Those were the people who retired, and sat down. Work was their purpose in life and they didn't have ANY hobbies or interests to pursue.
That :censored2: is sad, man. I hear that all the time and I tell my Dad that so he can get some hobbies and :censored2:.

vantexan

I'm perfectly content reading and looking at YouTube. I busted it for FedEx but once retired at 55 I wanted to travel. Been 6.5 years and a heart attack since retiring but I don't regret leaving FedEx. If they had topped us out in a reasonable time I probably would've held on to 60. The ironic thing about that is if I had left at 60 I would've had a heart attack 2 months later. Still with no insurance but more from the PPP to pay for it.

bacha29

I understand that liars repeat their lies until either they believe it, or they think someone else does.

Are you in that category???
No one ever said that you had to believe anything I post. The only challenge facing you is to produce a high quality of content than what I produce. And even that is an awfully low bar to clear yet you still haven't been able to do so.