Early Retirement.

Thebrownblob

The strength of my pro union conviction does not matter. The strength of you and your fellow Teamsters conviction is all that matters. And we're about to see if all that tough talk can be backed with tough and sustainable action.
We are fine sweetie, we are not pretenders like yourself.

Thebrownblob

You're going to get your chance to make your mark but only the news media will be watching. The rest of the nation will by that time have made other shipping arrangements.
Why do you always sound like such an idiot? is it just who you are or is this just an online persona? I hope it’s the latter.

I don’t wanna make a mark. I want a fair contract that rewards people for the last five years. I don’t want nor care about the news media watching. I have no desire to inconvenience the nation, although I have no choice if the company refuses to give the contract, that is deserved. Seems like such a strong union supporter like yourself would understand how union men and women think and feel. Of course we all know why you don’t understand.

yadig

Why do you always sound like such an idiot? is it just who you are or is this just an online persona? I hope it’s the latter.

I don’t wanna make a mark. I want a fair contract that rewards people for the last five years. I don’t want nor care about the news media watching. I have no desire to inconvenience the nation, although I have no choice if the company refuses to give the contract, that is deserved. Seems like such a strong union supporter like yourself would understand how union men and women think and feel. Of course we all know why you don’t understand.
If only the guys at express could’ve had that mindset years ago!

Cheesypurpletees

What started out as something that was supposed to be temporary until I got “something else,” ended up being a 12 year bid. I got comfortable, kept getting hours, and just stayed. Even though seemingly everything company wise was eroding in real time. With combining Opcos. Layoffs. The nightmare Estar was. The rollout of Valet that won’t actually be implemented. Lousy healthcare, no defined wage progression, average retirement at best, a lousy vehicle fleet. When’s it time to make a break officially?
I’m only 41. I am in very good shape. Aside from going on the retirement website and filing for the earliest commencement date of taking portable pension, do I have to do anything else? I would leave my 401k as is. Just rollover to a new job. Elect to take portable pension in lump sum. Even with the penalty it serves as a pittance of severance in a way. If I don’t make a break now, I never will.
Deep. I got on with express at 19, left 2 years ago at 35 years old to drive package car with ups. I had your same exact mindset, and the daily paranoia of seeing ground drivers taking our volume and the threat of combining opcos was just too much to bear.
My advice, embrace the uncomfortable unknown and take the risk leaving FedEx. 41 is still young enough for something new. I’ve been with ups now 2 years and have already moved up several spots. It’s not perfect at brown, but let me tell you, that dangle the carrot bull:censored2: at FedEx doesn’t fly with the teamsters

bacha29

Yes, I've heard it out of you again and again. But, there is one thing that neither you nor your negotiating team nor your president can guarantee.

The ability to keep the strike peaceful.

All it will take is for one single act of violence being inflicted on an innocent person who has no quarrel with either side and public perception of the Teamsters will again return to that of thugs and gangsters with public support quickly shifting to the other side.

It will be fine

Yes, I've heard it out of you again and again. But, there is one thing that neither you nor your negotiating team nor your president can guarantee.

All it will take is for one single act of violence being inflicted on an innocent person who has no quarrel with either side and public perception of the Teamsters will again return to that of thugs and gangsters with public support quickly shifting to the other side.
There’s no chance they’re striking for part timers. It’s all bluster. The company already conceded a lot. I don’t see the teamsters meaningfully hurting the only company keeping them afloat.

Thebrownblob

Oh sweetie that mean you’re not going to come to the strike line ? 😂

Mutineer

Deep. I got on with express at 19, left 2 years ago at 35 years old to drive package car with ups. I had your same exact mindset, and the daily paranoia of seeing ground drivers taking our volume and the threat of combining opcos was just too much to bear.
My advice, embrace the uncomfortable unknown and take the risk leaving FedEx. 41 is still young enough for something new. I’ve been with ups now 2 years and have already moved up several spots. It’s not perfect at brown, but let me tell you, that dangle the carrot bull:censored2: at FedEx doesn’t fly with the teamsters

There's no doubt that if it wasn't for the Teamsters, being a UPS driver would be no better than being a FedEx driver.

I believe that due to regional differences, individual experiences vary greatly when FedEx-ers apply at UPS. I think that you are very lucky.

Thebrownblob

You really think a strike is likely? How many teamster jobs will be lost with a strike? UPS will absolutely lose accounts with any strike so don’t pretend the number will be zero.
Do I think we’re going to strike? Not really. Will there be short term volume loss of course. There was a 1997 also. The majority came in back once they got a taste of how crappy FedEx service was.🤷‍♂️ Not trying to be an ass. I’m just telling the truth.

zeev

RTD at my former ramp are leaving in droves, the younger ones are tired of being in suspense about their jobs, one of the guys left for a better paying home every night job and is recruiting away from FedEx. Management is crying why is everybody leaving. There are a ton of great jobs for new drivers because the average Cdl driver is 60 years old.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

You might check with your Dr. and find out if any of your prescription drugs are giving you these nightmares. Some of them give psychotic side effects!

It will be fine

Do I think we’re going to strike? Not really. Will there be short term volume loss of course. There was a 1997 also. The majority came in back once they got a taste of how crappy FedEx service was.🤷‍♂️ Not trying to be an ass. I’m just telling the truth.
Hate to break it to you but that’s not the truth. The 97 strike was the largest capture of market share for RPS. After FedEx bought them the market share continued to increase.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

IMG_4578.jpeg

Cheesypurpletees

There's no doubt that if it wasn't for the Teamsters, being a UPS driver would be no better than being a FedEx driver.

I believe that due to regional differences, individual experiences vary greatly when FedEx-ers apply at UPS. I think that you are very lucky.
Absolutely, I’m at a satellite center with just fulltime drivers. We’re all transfers or hired off the street. Who you know goes a long way in my situation