Early Retirement.

Thebrownblob

Hate to break it to you but that’s not the truth. The 97 strike was the largest capture of market share for RPS. After FedEx bought them the market share continued to increase.
Hate to break it to you, but you got the crap volume. If UPS don’t want it, they give the scraps to you. Enjoy your ghetto volume full of customers who don’t pay their bills and unprofitable packages and are going out of business.😂

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Hate to break it to you but that’s not the truth. The 97 strike was the largest capture of market share for RPS. After FedEx bought them the market share continued to increase.
Yeah, how’s that working out? And where did all the profit go? Certainly not to the workers. Contractor pimps exploiting the ground drivers. Great model.

Mutineer

Absolutely, I’m at a satellite center with just fulltime drivers. We’re all transfers or hired off the street. Who you know goes a long way in my situation

In my working life I have found to my benefit that "who" you know, and being in the right place at the right time is everything.

My advice to young men is to find the ugly duckling hunchback daughter of any prosperous, well connected local family and marry her.

Do that, and you will never want for a good job.

FedupExpress

No at all. Why? Because like I said before. When it comes down to a battle between the will of a labor union and the will of a nation, as history has proven again and again.....the nation always wins.

As was noted in an earlier post the American people simply do not give a flying facial fornication about the well being of a bunch of cry baby truck drivers who are already receiving a compensation package well above what their education and skill level would earn them in just about every other economic sector.

Nothing comes for free. Now you brown shirt truck drivers might in the end get what you want but it will come at a price and the nation is waiting to see if you people truly are willing to pay that price.

You might be able to inflict a small and short term inconvenience on the buying public but Amazon, Walmart, Rural King, Fedex USPS and the discounters will go about their daily conduct of business like you never even existed.
Don't worry guys, billy goat is already working on the next pandemic,

Once they locked down the country again, we'll all have plenty of work
In my working life I have found to my benefit that "who" you know, and being in the right place at the right time is everything.

My advice to young men is to find the ugly duckling hunchback daughter of any prosperous, well connected local family and marry her.

Do that, and you will never want for a good job.
The kids these days say, "it's who you blow" now.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There’s no chance they’re striking for part timers. It’s all bluster. The company already conceded a lot. I don’t see the teamsters meaningfully hurting the only company keeping them afloat.
I wouldn't be so sure.
The teamsters want to unionize Amazon warehouses. Delivering for part timers at UPS is a way to prove their worth.

Serf

Deep. I got on with express at 19, left 2 years ago at 35 years old to drive package car with ups. I had your same exact mindset, and the daily paranoia of seeing ground drivers taking our volume and the threat of combining opcos was just too much to bear.
My advice, embrace the uncomfortable unknown and take the risk leaving FedEx. 41 is still young enough for something new. I’ve been with ups now 2 years and have already moved up several spots. It’s not perfect at brown, but let me tell you, that dangle the carrot bull:censored2: at FedEx doesn’t fly with the teamsters
Sounds good. The consensus on here is always go. Express is just too iffy. If all goes well I should hear back in a couple of days. Starting pre load sort. Then go from there. Do they still have functions that work inside the building and drive? Or is new contract stuff cut and dry: handler or package car?

It will be fine

Yeah, how’s that working out? And where did all the profit go? Certainly not to the workers. Contractor pimps exploiting the ground drivers. Great model.
Profit goes to the same place it does at UPS, the shareholders. That what profit is. Words have meaning. Sometimes I think you guys enjoy looking stupid.

It will be fine

Hate to break it to you, but you got the crap volume. If UPS don’t want it, they give the scraps to you. Enjoy your ghetto volume full of customers who don’t pay their bills and unprofitable packages and are going out of business.😂
Such bizarrely stupid comments from you all the time. You don’t think FedEx turns a profit? How can someone be this dumb and still function in life? It’s fascinating.

Thebrownblob

Such bizarrely stupid comments from you all the time. You don’t think FedEx turns a profit? How can someone be this dumb and still function in life? It’s fascinating.
Look at UPS and look at FedEx and tell me which one of us is bizarre and stupid? Take your fat ass back to your couch and play some more. Zelda knucklehead Lol. How to be a pretend business owner, who can pull himself up by his bootstraps, except you’re not, FedEx tells you what to do. You’re a FedEx employee with none of the benefits idiot.

Thebrownblob

Profit goes to the same place it does at UPS, the shareholders. That what profit is. Words have meaning. Sometimes I think you guys enjoy looking stupid.
It’s troubling to a coward like you who is subservient to his master that blue-collar people actually enjoy some of those profits. Now get back on your knees, boy. Mr. Patton learned that pretty quick.

It will be fine

Look at UPS and look at FedEx and tell me which one of us is bizarre and stupid? Take your fat ass back to your couch and play some more. Zelda knucklehead Lol. How to be a pretend business owner, who can pull himself up by his bootstraps, except you’re not FedEx tells you what to do. You’re a FedEx employee with none of the benefits idiot.
What benefits do you think I’m lacking by not being classified as an employee? Your ignorance is remarkable, but please enlighten me. You always lash out with personal attacks when you’re shown to be wrong, it’s so predictable and pathetic.

Thebrownblob

What benefits do you think I’m lacking by not being classified as an employee? Your ignorance is remarkable, but please enlighten me. You always lash out with personal attacks when you’re shown to be wrong, it’s so predictable and pathetic.
you have a business model that isn’t a business of your own at all go ahead and shut down operations for a few days and see what happens. You’ll do what FedEx tells you just like I will do the same with UPS and you don’t have the benefits. Your ignorance and arrogance is laughable.

It will be fine

you have a business model that isn’t a business of your own at all go ahead and shut down operations for a few days and see what happens. You’ll do what FedEx tells you just like I will do the same with UPS and you don’t have the benefits. Your ignorance and arrogance is laughable.
So no answer to what benefits you think I’m lacking. Got it, just more unsubstantiated blabber from the board blowhard.

bacha29

Do I think we’re going to strike? Not really. Will there be short term volume loss of course. There was a 1997 also. The majority came in back once they got a taste of how crappy FedEx service was.🤷‍♂️ Not trying to be an ass. I’m just telling the truth.
According to a You Tube video released by the Teamsters themselves UPS market share is 37% while Fedex share is 33%. . I and I'm sure a lot of people were surprised to learn that Fedex has drawn this close to UPS.

It's my understanding that under the proposed new contract UPS will no longer use PVD's. At the same time however FDX Ground contractors can and have used them under the guise of subcontracting. If there is a strike an expanded use of PVD operators could give FDX some additional capacity.

There is no question that all the major carriers combined could not absorb the entire 37% market share but they might be able to absorb enough of it to significantly reduce the impact of a Teamsters strike.

If it turns out that the much anticipated 11th hour offer was ruse all along we will quickly discover the capabilities of the other carriers either individually or through cooperative agreements.

Thebrownblob

According to a You Tube video released by the Teamsters themselves UPS market share is 37% while Fedex share is 33%. . I and I'm sure a lot of people were surprised to learn that Fedex has drawn this close to UPS.

It's my understanding that under the proposed new contract UPS will no longer use PVD's. At the same time however FDX Ground contractors can and have used them under the guise of subcontracting. If there is a strike an expanded use of PVD operators could give FDX some additional capacity.

There is no question that all the major carriers combined could not absorb the entire 37% market share but they might be able to absorb enough of it to significantly reduce the impact of a Teamsters strike.

If it turns out that the much anticipated 11th hour offer was ruse all along we will quickly discover the capabilities of the other carriers either individually or through cooperative agreements.
What understanding is there about PVDs? Because I’ve heard nothing, please enlighten me.